Chapter 6

Stanley and Mabel were sitting on chairs in the basement with absolutely no idea as to why Ford had asked them to come down here. It wasn't asking to speak to them that was weird, he was doing that sometime when he needed to announce something, but the more puzzling was why in the basement and why wasn't Dipper here too?

Mabel had given a questioning look at Stan, but even her Grunkle didn't seem to understand why his brother was asking for them to come here. It was as if he was scared to be heard upstairs.

"Poindexter, why did you asked to meet us here?" Finally asked the old man as he was seeing his twin coming back with notes. Was he starting to work on something dangerous again? But then why not including Dipper, especially since the young man was the most capable out of the three.

Ford finally start putting his notes on the desk in front of them, replacing his glasses before finally stating "About this new friend's of Dipper". Stanley responded with an exasperated sigh as he was passing a hand on his face, mumbling lowly "Oh my fucking god, really". Mabel was just looking at Ford as if he had grown another head, that's why they were called down there? Because he wanted to talk about Guillaume?

"Grunkle Ford!" exclaimed Mabel as she was leaning forward "Dipper finally made a friend and you want to take that away from him?!?" she asked. Ford didn't seem to be bothered by this information, instead, he went for his suspicions.

"I am sure at 80%, wait no, 90% there is something wrong with that person and that they're not human" said the man. He felt like he needed to add more, since Mabel and Stan were looking at him both as if he had forgot some creature were really friendly. "And not the friendly kind of being, that it must be some kind of creature trying to use Dipper for something".

He went on about how weird he had found the young man action in the past days as he was passing time with the younger twins. Sure, he was sometimes acting a little off, but maybe he was just not used with Americans things because his name wasn't really sounding the most American. Then he went on about his appearance, But Mabel pointed out that she too had a phase where she was having weird style too. Some people were just eccentric.

"But golden hair and eyes!" asked the man, The woman just shrugging and responding that it was some new kind of dye and contact lenses. Ford sighed when he saw Mabel was just very much not following his thought, a little reassured to see his brother considering it a little more.

He even mentioned how no forum, in all the way he searches for it, ever mentioned Gravity Falls as a great place to see supernatural stuff. Mabel said that maybe he searched it in another language than English or that the forums were taken down.

"And I research his name, no let me finish" he said before Stan said he was maybe going too far "I found nothing for his name but a man leaving in the French revolution". He then went on telling them what he found on him, even though it was close to nothing since it was so long ago and the man hadn't left much information on him.

"Okay, it might be weird he have the same name as a nobleman from late 1700, but it doesn't say much, otherwise you would have found other Guillaume Goldman through history if he was some kind of immortal creature" pointed out Mabel. "She not wrong" agreed Stan, all this sounding more like his brother was yet again falling into paranoia, though he couldn't really say it was fully in his control with what he had lived through. But he was ready to give him the benefit of the doubt, he was the specialist in this kind of stuff.

"Look" said Stanley as he was standing up "If me or Mabel see anything weird about the guy we are going to notify you, but please don't ruin the kid friendship if you are not sure" he simply asks. Mabel was standing up too, replacing some hair in their place "Yeah, Dipper isn't someone who makes a lot of friends and after all we went through he doesn't open easily to others, I'm really happy to see him being able to open that much to someone else than me" she said with a small smile, thinking about the look in Dipper's eye when he was with Guillaume.