Chapter 7

When they finally arrived at the motel, Dipper went in alone, not really needing to bring to much attention on the weird pair and not needing Bill to make things worse. The young man greeted politely the lady behind the desk, smiling when he found out it was the one he helped with her gnome infestation maybe a summer or two back.

She seemed happy to see him, asking how come he needed a room, curious. He made up a story about some problem at the shack, even if it wasn't that far from the truth, saying it was nothing really bad or to worry about. He was feeling a little guilty to be lying to the old lady, but he didn't want to explain everything to someone who wouldn't understand half the story anyway.

She was apparently really grateful for his help because she suggested to repay him back by lending him a room for cheaper and that it would be even a little cheaper if he could help with a gnome who still wouldn't leave her alone. Of course, Dipper accepted, paying and taking the room key with him, happy to have at least somewhere to sleep for the couple days to come at a lower price.

He would have had asked for a two beds room but thought it would add more question and he wasn't feeling like going over it all over again. Also, he wouldn't lie, he did enjoy sleeping in the same bed as Bill the couples of times it happened in the pasts weeks.

"So?" asked the demon with a smile, looking at the key in Dipper's hand. "Got one for cheap since I helped the owner with gnomes in one of the two last summers" he explained with a smile, before sighing a little. "Got it for even lower if I helped with one who wouldn't leave her alone" added the younger one, Bill chuckled, not really surprised that Dipper accepted to help. He would for sure have done it even without the lower price.

Dipper then placed the key in his bag, following the lady instruction for where the little creature normally was hiding around the motel. He wasn't really surprised when they found Jeff, the small creature recognising him immediately. "YOU!" he exclaimed, pointing accusingly towards Dipper "I won't let you take away one of my queens again". The only real reaction he had was the demon laughing at his face, needing to keep balance by grabbing Dipper's shoulder.

Dipper wouldn't say the old lady was ugly, no, she was pretty for her age, but he was still surprised Jeff choose her for their queen. She didn't really have many decades before her if the Pines was being polite. "Can you just leave her alone?" asked an exasperated Dipper, even if he knew the answer. "I just want to go to sleep and right now is not the right time to try and get on my nerve either" commented Dipper, starting to walk towards the gnome. He was going to drag him away if it what he needed to do.

"Then I will just come back with all the other gnomes to stop you for good!" respond the gnome, making Dipper scoff, not really wanting to have to deal with such a pain in the ass again. Once was enough.

Then they both suddenly felt a chill going up their spine, feeling some bad energy coming from not so far away. Dipper then turned to Bill, seeing him walk closer to Jeff. "I give you two choices" he said, his eye glowing strongly in the dark, not yet turned red. "One, you just walk away and learn how to befriend someone before making her your queen" he said as he was raising one finger, "Or two, I will personally make sure you won't be a problem to anyone in the future, definitively".

Even the young Pines shuddered at the way Bill finished it, his crazed smile not helping him feel less scared. Where was all this anger coming from? The demon seemed pretty amused not even two minutes ago, why was he so mad all of a sudden?

Jeff didn't want to see if that demon the boy seemed to have befriended would act on his word, starting to run for his life. He would find another way to get to his queen without bringing back the Pines boy and his new guard dog.