Chapter 3

Dipper was the first awake and pretty abruptly about that. Well, at least he wasn't having his nightmare anymore, that was that, though he was still tired. He didn't really try to go back to sleep, seeing it was eighth in the morning anyway. He stayed in his bed a little longer, trying to calm himself before finally getting up, thinking that a shower would be a good thing to help him be less tired for the morning.

He took a quick glance at the demon, his sleeping form telling him he would most likely not do much damage in the couple of minutes his shower would take. He grabbed a clean pair of jeans, a shirt and some clean underwear before going for it. He still didn't take much time, not wanting to let Bill with no one watching over him.

'Maybe I could have taken longer' thought Dipper while drying his hair with a towel, the demon still asleep on the ground. He hesitated before crouching down next to him, shaking him up a little to wake him up. "Wake up, we're going shopping" he simply said after he saw the demon open his eyes, grumbling something about not wanting to get up, even if he did anyway.

"I'm not going out with those, right?" asked Bill, looking at himself in the mirror on the wall. Dipper looked at him confused, why couldn't he. "Why not?". He catches the demon's eyes through the reflexion, Bill looking as if he thought Dipper was really stupid for his question. "Sure, those fit you, but I need something more proper to go out" said the demon.

Dipper didn't respond for some time, as if he was waiting for Bill to say he was joking. Sure, it was a really casual look he had right now, but he could deal with it for now, no? Apparently no, since Bill was dead serious. The human was debating inside himself if it was worth arguing, feeling like he wouldn't give up so easily on this one.

"well... maybe Stan left some clothes in his room" said Dipper, purely supposing that. He also took a better look at Bill's face, his own eyes couldn't let go of the black one. "And you need something for your eye" he pointed out "I don't need you to attract too much attention" he explained. For that it would be easy to find, he most likely still had his pirate costume in the closet from some summer Halloween, Mabel had really wanted to do a pirate themed that year.

He was happy to find the eye patch easily, throwing it towards Bill, knowing he would find a way to put it. He then went downstairs, making sure the path was clear before going with Bill. Finding some clothes in Stan room was a little harder since they took most of them with them on their boat adventure. But, he luckily found the old Mystery Man costume. Once on Bill, it was a little too large for him, but by the demon's expression, Dipper got that he was more satisfied by this outfit.

"You look like some kind of sketchy guy" commented Dipper amused. A too large button up shirt, pants that were too large too, but the good length, the eye patch and the tattoos. There weren't any dress shoes to go with it, so he was stuck with Dipper sneaker. He wasn't looking more "proper" but more like a sketchy guy in his opinion. Well, they could find better later. "Still better than a slug" responded Bill with a smirk.

"Whatever, let go get breakfast" he said while passing him to get out of the house, making sure he had his bag, just like the day before, and his wallet. Bill walked at his side this time and not behind him. He had to admit, it was less stressing that way.

[-_-_-]

It took them some time to finally get to lazy Susan Greasy's Diner, after all, they were on foot, but at least now they were seated and could eat. Dipper was also surprised that the demon wasn't complaining about the place, he wasn't going to mention it either, it was good like this and he wouldn't go somewhere else, he really liked lazy Susan food.

"Who's this pretty boy" asked the old lady when she came to get their order, smiling at the new face. "A friend from school" said Dipper before Bill could even try to say something stupid. Bill gave him an amused look, so now they were friends from school, he could play with that. "Dipper wouldn't stop talking about this place through the years, so I ask to come to see for myself", smiled the demon "And I'm really happy I did" he adds, making Dipper roll his eyes. Well, at least he wasn't causing problems.