Extra: Alternative Ending

Then two bodies fell to the ground.

The two new spectators had stopped running abruptly.

The silence was dominating the place, all eyes on the body laying on top of the demon.

It was as if time had been stopped.

Bill was laying frozen on the ground, not daring to make a move. Why!? Why had Dipper jumped in front of him to protect him?! It wasn't as if he couldn't defend himself.

After a couple of seconds, the young man finally started to sit up, everyone holding their breaths. The demon slightly raised himself on his elbows, looking up hopefully at his little Pines Tree. All three other pairs of eyes on Dipper were hopeful that nothing bad had happened, that the Memory gun was actually defective after its last use.

The demon's expression was slowly changing when he saw Dipper looking confused at first, then it totally dropped when the young man eyes finally landed on him.

There was no recognition in them. The young Pines was looking clearly confused as to why he was sitting in some stranger laps. Why were they all in the middle of the forest? Why were they all looking so aggravated? Why was this blond stranger laying under him looking so heartbroken?

Dipper quickly got up not to be on him, taking a couple of steps back from Bill, holding his head as it was starting to hurt.

"D... Dipper are you okay?" asked Mabel as she trotted to join him, helping him stay correctly upright, giving some glances towards Bill to makes sure he was alright too. "My head hurt so much... But why are we all here? Who is he?" finally asked Dipper, trying to get some answers.

Mabel couldn't find anything to tell him. How to explain what had happened when Dipper had no memories about Bill? She shot a quick glance at Bill again, getting suddenly tense when she saw how dark the demon's expression had suddenly become, looking directly at the frozen Ford.

"He's a friend of ours, don't you remember?" she then tried, forcing a smile on her face, although she couldn't hide the sadness and worries in her eyes. Dipper couldn't understand why his sister had such a glint in her eye, unable to remember this person even if he was trying a lot.

Everyone turned when they saw Bill suddenly getting up, the aura around him feeling murderous, frightening Dipper. How was he their friend? He was looking so dangerous. But with a closer inspection, he could see mixed with the rage something deeper, as if he had lost something precious.

Mabel was suddenly worried Bill would attack her uncle, so did Stanley who went to block in front of his twin who hadn't moved from where he was since he had shot. To their surprise, Bill simply turned around to walk quickly away, giving a last desperate look at Dipper, although he couldn't find any trace of recognition in his eyes.

The demon knew that if he went and hurt the old man, Dipper would probably never forgive him, even less now that he had no memories of him. More he was thinking about it and more he was enraged and heartbroken. He was now a stranger to Dipper, he had never existed for him. He would have been fine with him only remembering what bad he did, at least it was something, now there was nothing.

He was hurting so much. He was starting to hate that human meat sack of a body and its feelings.

After his leave, the Pines family stayed without saying anything. Too many things were going in everyone's mind and too many emotion were mixing together. The more anxious and confused one was still Dipper who had no idea what had happened, but even if he was asking no one would really give him an answer.

Mabel suggested going back to the shack, saying they would talk about it later, that for now, they needed to make sure he was alright. Everyone tried to ignore the loud crashing noise they heard from afar, three of them knowing very well what it must have been.