thunder

A week had passed since your realised that you had a crush on Tooru Oikawa.

The rain hammered down into the bus-stops roof as you held your phone close to your ear, "I'll be fine, Keishin, honestly!" You had to yell over the sound of heavy rain, your finger against your other ear to try and hear his voice better, "My mum lets me stay home alone for the night all the time: and I've got everyone's numbers!"

His voice was muffled: your connection was awful.
"Still.. I can't help but be worried." Ukai muttered, running his fingers through his bleached hair, "Especially during this storm - don't leave the house tonight, alright? It'll be dangerous. The streets are supposed to flood."

"I know, Keishin. I'm just waiting for the bus, and then I won't have to leave the house until Monday."

"What? Where are you?"

"The bus stop?"

"Idiot.." He hoarsely murmured to himself from the other side of the phone, "The buses aren't running until the storm is past over: the roads are all closed."

"What-!"

"You'll have to walk."

"It's too cold!"

"Too bad," His dark eyes sunk, "Call me as soon as you get back home so I know you're safe. You remembered your keys, right?"

"Of course."

You finished your conversation before swiftly taking off your blazer; you used it as an umbrella, holding it above your hair and shoulders before racing off into the treacherous weather.

You heard a clap of thunder above you as puddles splashed beneath your skirt, soaking your shoes.

𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧

Freezing water fell down your shivering body as you pulled your pockets and bags out, searching vigorously for your house keys as rain hammered against your skin.

"Shit.. shit!" You gasped, realising that you had forgotten the only spare key to the house - meaning that you couldn't get inside.

You slapped your forehead, struggling to think of how you would get into your house - with Keishin having to leave town for the night, you were left with no choices. You glanced off to Oikawa's house, before pulling your bag over your shoulder to run over to his place.

You pounded on the door.

Oikawa's front door swiftly opened, his figure already inside; his brown eyes slowly rolled up your body, before widening as you stood soaking wet. He ushered you inside, yelling: "What the hell are you doing outside? You're drenched, dummy! Come in.."

Oikawa's hands stayed clasped around your arms, pulling you forcefully into the warmth of his home. You could hear thunder clapping from outside as he closed his door, sprinting over to a cupboard down the hall to get you a fresh towel.

He wandered back slowly, instantly tracing the soft fabric against your temples with a pout.

He muttered little insults under his breath as droplets fell down your forehead and cheeks, staining your face; "I didn't have my key and my uncle is out of town. I didn't know what to do."

"Oh, Y/N-Chan.." He sighed under his breath, "Let's get you dried and figure something out: my mum is stuck at work, too, so no one will be home until tomorrow."