Chapter Eighteen.

Joelle's pov;
*******
i walked along side michaela, my black and green sweatshirt hugged tightly around me. (the one i had perviously stolen from carl.)
"i really like it here, joelle. i feel at home here." michaela said softly, as we strolled around the neighborhood.
the sun was rising in the distance, sending the colors flying across the sky; the colors i have come to dislike, viewing them every morning and night.
"it's been three years, michaela. i miss home. my real home." i replied.
"well, maybe we could make this a home-"
"no. it's not, and it wont ever be."
"okay. god. holy shit." michaela shook her head as we trudged up the stairs, my boots clunking loudly against the porch.
*******
"joelle, we are all going to deanna's tonight for a meeting." rick leaned against the counter as i spun around on the counter top stool.
"why...?" i questioned, not bothering to stop my spinning.
"because she wants us there. end of story. its three o'clock now, and we are going there at four. so i'd say get ready."
"get ready? for what? a fancy ball? is there a prince showing up to pick me up in a pumpkin carriage?" i stood up off the stool, swaying slightly as the world spun.
"joelle, i don't want your smart ass attitude." rick spat sternly, gripping my shoulder, holding me still.
"yea yea. fuck off."
he sighed as i ran up the stairs, and i slammed a door behind me.
i spun around to see promise and blake, sitting in a chair, lips locked.
"oh god, ew." my hands covered my eyes as i looked away, fumbling for the doorknob.
blake moaned as promise stood up.
"sorry, joey."
"how come it is that every time we get alone time, someone always ruins it?" blake sighs, standing up also.
"yea, um. i'll just be going now." i said, swinging the door open, my eyes still covered.
******
kaia's pov;
******
i put on a pair of acid washed jean shorts, and a plain black tee shirt.
i pulled my hair back in a high ponytail, tying it with a red ribbon.
i picked up my gun, about to stick it into my holster.
wait, i wont need it.
i placed it back down on the table, and walked out of the room.
******
Joelle's pov;
******
i pulled on a large grey sweater and a pair of ripped black jeans, tucking my gun into my holster.
i heard a knock on the door, and spun around.
"come in." i said, tying my hair in a braid.
snow popped her head in the door way.
"you ready?"
i nodded and walked out the door with her.
*****
we arrived at deanna's house, and rick knocked on the door.
in all honesty, this was the first time i had seen the group all together.
the door swung open to reveal deanna and her husband, the two smiling. almost suspiciously.
"come in." he smiled, and i stared at him as i walked past.
"please sit down."
i sat down between rain and promise, cameron beside rain, and blake beside promise.
it almost felt as though i was a third wheel.
i rolled my eyes as carl sat down, and i pulled my knees up on the chair.
after deanna sat down, we sat in silence for a moment.
it felt as though everyones eyes were on me.
"so... why are we here?" i asked sternly, breaking the silence.
"joelle. we have gathered here to talk to you." deanna spoke quietly, and i furrowed my eyesbrows.
"me?"
"yes, joelle. we all feel as though you have been acting different. weird." rick said, biting his lip.
"this is an interrogation." i stood up off my chair, nearly throwing it against the wall.
i was pissed.
i threw the chair away from me, stepping backwards.
i shook my head as everyone stepped towards me.
"joey, please." promise tried to calm me.
"no....no." i backed away, and they just kept moving closer.
"joelle, really. we're just here to help." kaia crept closer, and at this point i was against the wall.
i fumbled for my gun.
"kaia, you're one of my best friends, but if you take one step closer to me, i wont hesitate to shoot."
she did it.
a gunshot rang off, and multiple screams filled the air.
i watched kaia's body fly backwards, the bullet piercing her in the stomach.
what did i do?
"joelle!" snow screamed, rushing to her friends side. i shook my head, rushing out the door.
before i exited the lawn, i heard a voice from outside the window.
it was deanna.
"we only have one choice. and that is

to exile Joelle smith."