Chapter 8

Harry's POV

The next morning, when I woke up, Percy was already awake and was putting on his robes. That's when I noticed something. He had a tattoo on his forearm. He was a Death Eater!

I shot a stupefy spell at him but he jumped out of the way.

"What was that for?" He asked.

"You're a Death Eater!" I yelled. "I saw your tattoo!"

The other boys were starting to stir, muttering things like "Death Eater...?" and "Percy..?"

Percy muttered something. It sounded like he said: "Of course mist would make like that."

"Let me show it to you properly," He said.

He stuck out his arm. What had been the Dark Mark was now a weird tattoo in back ink that said: SPQR, with a trident and a line.

"Have it your way for now, Death Eater," I spat. "But I will prove to the whole school who you really are."

Percy POV

After breakfast, Hermione took me to our first class, Potions.

We learned about a truth potion, Veritaserum and somehow Harry made it perfectly. Hermione was dumbfounded. "I didn't even see him following the book's instructions!"

Next up, we went to Defense Against the Dark Arts. When I saw the teacher, I walked up to him and slapped him. The whole class gasped.

"Severus?" I exclaimed, angry, confused and happy at the same time.

"Percy." Severus said. "I'll talk to you after class. For now, take a seat."

Severus led a boring class about nonverbal spells, but I wasn't listening. I was replaying the moment when he died in my brain over and over.

After the class was done, I waited for everyone to leave before I marched up to Severus. I thought I heard something rustling, but there was nothing there. I was starting to think Nico was sending his ghosts to haunt me.

"Explain." I said to Severus. "Explain how you're standing here when I saw you die to an empousa in the titan war."

"Correction: I almost died," Severus said. "Will managed to give me some ambrosia just in time. And then, I realized I didn't want to continuously fight for my life anymore, so I left. I thought that if everyone thought I was dead, it would be less painful for me and all the campers. My mother told me of a place where I could go and be safe and achieve my dream job: to be a teacher."

"I am going to tell Annabeth, you know." I said.

Severus sighed. "I was hoping you wouldn't say that. She and the rest of my siblings will kill me."

I pulled him into a hug. "It's good to see you again."

"Yes. Now get to your next class!"

Harry POV

Ron and I were hiding under my invisibility cloak, listening to Percy and Snape's conversation, but none of it made sense.

"D'you think they're using a Death Eater code?" I asked.

"Maybe, Ron said, "But we've got to get to Divination or everyone will notice we're late too." (For plot purposes they will still be taking divination and maybe some other classes even after their OWLs)

We ran in just before Percy, having taken a shortcut. Professor Trelawney shot us a look and resumed her lecture on palmistry. Me and Ron took an empty table and Percy sat opposite us at the same table.

All of a sudden, Professor Trelawney's voice changed, like it had the day Wormtail had escaped. She started saying all these weird things.

You shall go west and face the god who has turned

You shall find what was stolen, and see it safely returned

You shall be betrayed by one who calls you a friend

And you shall fail to save what matters most in the end

You shall sail the iron ship with warriors of bone

You shall find what you seek, and make it your own

But despair for your life, entombed within stone

And fail without friends, to fly home alone

Five shall go west to the goddess in chains

One shall be lost in the land without rain

The bane of Olympus shows the trail

Campers and Hunters, combined to prevail

The Titan's curse must one withstand

And one shall perish by a parents hand

You shall delve in the darkness of the endless maze

The dead, the traitor and the lost one raise

You shall rise or fall by the Ghost King's hand

The child of Athena's final stand

Destroy with a hero's final breath

And lose a love to worse than death

A child of the eldest gods

Shall reach sixteen against all odds

And see the world in endless sleep

The hero's soul, cursed blade shall reap

A single choice shall end his days

Olympus to preserve or raze

Child of Lightning, beware the earth

The giant's revenge, the seven shall birth

The forge and the dove shall break the cage

And death unleash through Hera's rage

To the north beyond the gods, lies the legion's crown

Falling from ice, the son of Neptune shall drown...

Wisdom's daughter walks alone

The Mark of Athena burns through Rome

Twins snuff out the Angel's breath

Who holds the key to endless death

Giant's bane stands gold and pale

Won with pain from a woven jail

Seven half-bloods shall answer the call

To storm or fire, the world must fall

An oath to keep with a final breath

And foes bear arms to the Doors of Death

Professor's voice returned to normal. "Oh, apologies, I must have blanked out.

Percy stood up suddenly and fled from the room.

Ron leaned over. "Mental, both of them."