05 | girls just wanna have fun

THERE WAS NO FEELING LIKE losing an AirPod

Out of everyone in the world, Summer most definitely knew what it felt like. She's either lost her AirPods, case, or both all at once numerous times, which all resulted in a ten-year-old bratty meltdown. All in all, it was a feeling that made her feel sick to her stomach, and today just had to be the day that it would reenact once again.

It all started with work. Summer was casually doing her job, hustling back and forth between the kitchen to create sandwiches for customers. With one AirPod in her ear, she kept the other in her case and placed it into her pocket, thinking nothing of it. But now, she regrets it all with every part of her soul that she has left.

Assuming her soul is still in her body, of course.

It was the hour of noon, and customers tumbled into the establishment like crazy for casual lunches, work meetings — you name it. Fortunately, it was time for her to clock out for about twenty minutes for her lunch break. Instead of worrying about eating, she was searching throughout the kitchen for her AirPod case, which was nowhere to be seen.

"Summer, what are you doing?" Harley questioned as he observed the girl. "You look stressed."

"It's because I am," the teenage girl grumbled without looking up from the floor. "I lost my AirPod case and it has one of my AirPods in it."

"Oh shit," the teenage boy grimaced. "I can help you look for it."

Summer tilted her head. "I'm fine, Harley. It's your lunch break, too. I don't want to take up any of your time to eat."

"Fuck that right now. I want to help you. I'm not even that hungry," the brunette haired boy said simply. "I know what it's like to lose AirPods. I still haven't found mine to this day."

"Where'd you lose yours?" The girl questioned as she adjusted her curly bun.

"At my school, according to the Find My app," Harley shrugged. "But it's fine. I'm still pissed off, but wires are cool. Let's find your AirPods so you won't be pissed like me."

"I think they dropped somewhere on the floor. It probably got kicked under something accidentally," Summer informed as she exhaled heavily. "Fuck."

"It's probably under something around here, yeah," the brunette haired boy nodded his head in agreement. "What does your case look like?"

Summer planted her finger on her chin. "It's rectangular, but sort of wedged out to look like Nike Dunks. It's gray, white, and black."

"Cool case," Harley chuckled as he kneeled to the ground, swooping his head towards the kitchen supplies. Other than the aged dust that lurked, one thing caught his eye from underneath the bread rack.

A case of AirPods shaped like a deformed pair of Nike Dunks. Dangerously extending his arm under the rack, he stretched his arm so much in order to reach the case, bumping his arm against the rim of the rack through the process as he got it out.