preliminaries

EPIGRAPH

"i'm giving you my heart, please don't break it."

— jhené aiko

SYNOPSIS

When seventeen-year-old Summer Edwards is forced to move back to her hometown, Haven Hills, she wants nothing to do with the small, good-for-nothing town. Attempting to make a quick buck, she gets a summer job at a local family-owned sandwich shop, Shane's Subs. On a typical day of her job, she comes into contact with Harley Rhodes, an intimidatingly cute yet arrogant teenager, she begins to question her recent move to Haven Hills and her choice of work. Out of everything on her job description, it never said anything about dealing with lover boys.

However, Harley Rhodes isn't just a lover boy. There's more to him than constant flirting and smiles, and once Summer gets to know him, she realizes that she might know him more than she'd ever thought.

With that, Summer questions her move back to Haven Hills. Maybe her move back was worth it after all. But if anything, she's in for a rough ride. 

DEDICATION

To those who have loved but lost. I feel your pain. 

AUTHOR'S NOTE

hi, hello! welcome to while we're young, a new world of two layered characters. yippie! this story is a spin-off of all my other original stories because they all share the same universe, but this novel can be read as a standalone!! 

however, this story will sort of be an experiment. i'll go into deep topics, such as sexual content. it's completely new to me, but i want to give it a try. plus, wattpad algorithim seems to have favorites when it comes to stories and what they're about. i know that some of you guys and gals won't like it, so i will put a note at the beginning of each chapter where the devil's tango happens :) 

TRIGGER WARNINGS

→ death

→ profanity

→ sexual themes

viewer's discretion is advised!!

COPYRIGHT

©️ 2022-2023, all rights reserved

this is a work of fiction. names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either products from the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. any resemblance to people, living or dead, or actual events is completely coincidental. no part of this book may be duplicated in any form without the written consent from the author, except in the case of written reviews. refrain from participating in or encouraging piracy of copyrighted materials in violation of the author's rights.

tldr: plagiarism does not make you look cool. if you feel the need to copy the work of someone who worked day and night to produce good work, you shouldn't be "writing" in the first place. i said what i said. 

character aesthetics & playlists are on the next page →

if you'd like to skip to the first divider, which leads into the first chapter, click on the external link.