Chapter 38:

My mom insisted that we stay for dinner. We agreed since I really didn't want to go home and feed Niall. I didn't know what she was making but I thought it smelled really good.

"Harry? What's that smell?" I heard Louis shout from my childhood bedroom.

"I don't know. Mom is making it a surprise." I shouted back.

Louis opened the door and walked over to me. "The smell is all over the house." Louis told me.

"Yes Louis, that's because the vents are open." I explained to him.

"Dinner is almost done." Anne called from the kitchen.

I heard the oven door open and a new smell filled came from the kitchen and filled the house. Louis ran out of the house. I followed him outside not bothering to tell my mom where we were going.

"Louis. What's wrong?" I asked as he bent over and threw up in the front yard.

"Whatever your mom is cooking the in kitchen makes me nauseous and it doesn't agree with my stomach." Louis said before throwing up again.

I turn around and shut the house door to try and stop the smell from coming into the front yard.

"I didn't know. I'm sorry Louis." I apologize.

Louis is still throwing up in my mom's front yard for the whole neighborhood to see.

"Harry, how could you have known. I didn't know and all we've been is eating is sandwiches." Louis told me taking a deep breath. I couldn't smell anything else but it seemed as though he didn't because he promptly leaned over and threw up again. I heard the door open and turned to see who it was.

"Jay told me that you boys might be out here. " My mom said standing in the doorway with the door open.

"Mom can you please close the door and come outside." I asked nicely.

The smell from the kitchen came through the front door when she closed it. Louis's body reacted faster than I could warn him. He bent over the grass and finished emptying his stomach.

"Oh my. You didn't tell me that Italian made you sick." My mom said.

I was rubbing Louis's back. "We didn't know. We've been eating sandwiches and he's been eating his weird concoctions lately because Niall doesn't know how to go shopping for groceries." I replied.

"I'm afraid that the smell won't go away for quite a while. Sorry Louis. I forgot how sensitive your stomach can be when you're pregnant. I'll go make sandwiches really quick." My mom said before disappearing back into the kitchen.