13 - The Gift

(Y/n POV)

"Hello, Love." I felt my heart racing as I heard his voice. I felt like running, I knew I needed to. But as my body started turning around, I felt that comfort crawling back to me. The comfort I got when he was first in my dreams, the one I've gotten so used to. I fully turned around and looked up at the man in front of me.

"How are you here?"

"Not happy to see me?" His face went from a smile to emotionless.

"You sounded like you were going to kill me less than an hour ago!"

"I would never hurt you; I said you were in no danger."

"Then why did you seem happy I couldn't wake up."

"Because I thought you wanted to stay with me." I heard his words and my heart seemed to slow down. "Everything okay darling?"

"How are you here?"

"You came to me, honey."

"No, like how are you here, here? You've only been in my dreams."

"I said if I could do more than be in your dreams I would. And look at me, I did."

"But how?"

"So many questions." He smiled again as he held out his hand. "I can show you."

"I can't I have to get back to my brother."

"Your brother who left you to deal with everything yourself for years? Or how about your friends that dropped you for some girl? Or even your best friend who left for California and never told you until the day he was leaving?"

"It wasn't like that."

"Love, they never helped you. I am here to help you now."

"I can't, they are here for me now. They are keeping me safe."

"Safe? Darling, they let you run out of the place you were staying when you were being stalked. That doesn't seem like they are keeping you safe."

"I ran out and they are coming after me."

"Wouldn't they be here by now? I mean they were in a car."

"I don't know." I felt my heart smash into a hundred pieces. They are looking for me, right? I mean he wouldn't lie to me. He's always been there for me in my dreams. I thought about it for a second then looked behind me and saw no one, so I grabbed his hand, and we made our way to wherever he was taking me.

"Where are we going?" I heard him laugh as he turned to me.

"You are just so curious, aren't you?"

"It's kind of like, my only talent."

"Now that is a lie. I've seen your art"

"How would you know?"

"I told you; I always have my eyes on you."

"What do you mean?"

"You saw the lights, I saw you."

"Wait! The flickering lights, were you?" I look at him amazed.

"Amazing, isn't it?"

"It was, but how?"

"Love, I was able to go into your dreams, you don't know what I'm capable of."

"Could I do that too?"

"What do you mean?" He looked down at me with a confused face and I smiled.

"Can I do what you do?"