❤︎︎ 𝙲𝚑𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚖𝚊𝚜 𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜 ❤︎︎

"Christmas?" I raised my head with question, my eyes gazing over Tooru as he looked down at me. "Yeah.." rubbing the back of his neck with his hand, he looked off to the side with an expression of nervousness.

I hadn't expected to be invited over to his house for Christmas this year. Tooru's family had always invited me over every year but this time would be different as I wouldn't be coming over as a family friend but as his girlfriend.

The thought made me blush lightly, I would be spending Christmas as apart of Tooru's family this year. "Yeah, I can come for Christmas, that's if your family doesn't mind" smiling lightly, I hold my hands behind my back.

"They don't mind, they insisted that I invited you over this year" looking at me again, he chuckled with a low tone and smiled as well. I had no plans so why not? It would be nice to spend Christmas with Tooru's family once again.

After all, my parents weren't in the question. That's how the Tooru family had come to the decision to invite me over for holidays every year, because they hadn't wanted me to feel left out or alone during them.

—————————
2002, December 24th.

"You're Tooru's new friend, right?"

A womanly figure leans down to my level, gazing over me with welcoming eyes and a warm smile planted on her lips. This woman was beautiful, and she was Ishikawa's mother.

Nodding slowly, I look up to her while clenching the end of my sweater, slightly scared as this is one of the first times she's ever interacted with me. I've seen her before but never held a conversation with her.

"I'm Tooru's mum, you must be [Ln]" she continued to smile, never making me feel threatened in any way. She and Ishikawa had both been similar in that way. "Yeah, I'm [Ln]" I speak up with a soft tone, visibly quiet.

She looks to both her sides and then at me again before frowning lightly "where are your parents?" Concern washing over her expression, she awaits an answer. "I came here with my aunt, my parents aren't around" as I answered, she only got more concerned.

"I see.. where's your aunt then?" She tried to keep smiling while she looked at her son with a small frown. Ishikawa frowned as well, visible enough for me to see. "She and my cousin Chika are shopping for presents, I stayed here to watch the fish"

I pointed over to the fountain that had fish swimming inside of it. I hadn't felt like present shopping so I declare that I'd stay behind and wait for them to come back. Ishikawa's mum looked over me and frowned again. Was I saying something weird?

"So you're spending Christmas with your aunt and cousin then?" She then smiled at me, changing the subject to something else. "I don't really do.. Christmas" I shake my head lightly and smile briefly back at her. "Oh dear, really?" With a small gasp, she held her hand to her chest.

"Why don't you spend Christmas with us? I'm sure you'll start to like it, that's if it's okay with your guardian" Ishikawa's mum smiled, to which Ishikawa had too at the news, his eyes shining at the thought of having me over for Christmas.

"Really? Okay, I'll ask my aunt!" Mood shifting into one of excitement, I smiled brightly and my body warmed at the thought of doing something with others for Christmas this year. Perhaps I'll start to like it after this, I hope so.

—————————

With a smile, I wrapped Tooru's arm into my own and marched forward. "Let's hangout at yours today, I need to beat that level in your game!" I dragged him along with a bright expression. He smiled too and nodded with a breath-taking expression.