Chapter 3

~Kuroko~

"Tetsuya"

"Yes, Sei-kun?"

"Meet me at our usual place in half an hour."

"Okay" Hanging up, Kuroko grabbed his coat and headed towards the park. It had been quite a while since they last met up and he was curious to find out what his lover had in store for him. However, what happened next was something he had never expected, not even in his wildest dreams.

"Hello Sei-kun" Kuroko greeted as he noticed Akashi walking towards him.

"Let's break up. I don't need you anymore. You are just a toy which i have grown bored of. I never liked you."

"W-what? S...sei-kun? If this is some sort of joke, its not funny at all, p-please stop."

"Do I look like I'm joking, Tetsuya?"

"W...why... Sei-kun... " Kuroko's eyes began to water as he felt his heart breaking into two. He did not know how to react as he stood rooted to the ground, his hand unconsciously clutching his chest. It hurt.

"Im leaving Tokyo tomorrow, goodbye." Kuroko felt so helpless as he watched the emperor turn and walk away into the distance.

Kuroko lay on his bed as he stared at the ceiling. It was past midnight and he should be sleeping right now. But Kuroko found himself wide awake, thinking about the redhead for the nth time since their breakup. It had been 6 years since then, yet he still could not forget him. 6 years, yet he still could not get over him. It hurts to think of the emperor, yet a part of him longed to be able to snuggle up to him again, to feel his warmth, to hear his steady breaths as they drift off to sleep in each other's embrace. Pulling his blankets over his shoulders, Kuroko turned over to lie on his right. He closed his eyes to try and get some sleep as silent tears slid down his face and onto his soft pillow. At least it was Saturday tomorrow and he didn't have to wake up early to go to work.

The next morning, Kuroko awoke to the sound of his phone ringing. After peering at the caller id, he picked up the call.

"Hello, Kise-kun."

"Kurokocchiiiiiiii Guess what? I'm coming back to Tokyo on Mondayyyy. Please come and fetch me at the airporttt"

"Okay, when's your flight?"

"Come to the Aiport at 7pm, I'll tell you more tomorrow, gotta go! Please be there, Kurokocchi"

"Okay, see you Kise-kun" Kuroko crawled out of bed, rubbing away the sleep from his eyes and went to the bathroom to brush his teeth and get rid of his bedhair. He then made himself a cup of hot tea before seating himself on the couch. His dog, Nigou was sitting beside him. The house was silent, except for the occasional sound of Kuroko sipping from his cup. Kuroko had moved in to his new house a year ago so that his parents need not waste their money on taking care of him any longer. It was a small apartment, but it was more than enough, considering he was the only one living there. Kuroko did not really mind living alone. It was peaceful and he had lots of privacy. However, although he had Nigou for company, it could still get a little lonely at times. It was true that he could just ring some of his friends up and meet up with them anytime, but it just didn't feel quite right. Sometimes, he just needed someone to be there to greet him when he comes home from work and ask him about his day, someone to be there for him whenever he needed them, someone to fill up that emptiness in his house, and his heart... someone, that could replace Akashi...