Chapter 6

~Akashi~

Akashi stretched his sore muscles as he got off the plane. It had been a long ride to Tokyo and he had been seated for way too long. Collecting his luggage, he made his way over to the taxi stand where he knew his driver would be waiting for him in the usual black limousine.

"Good evening Akashi-san, how was your flight?"

"It was fine" Akashi replied as he climbed into the vehicle. After loading his luggage into the boot, his driver drove him to the 5-star hotel he was going to be staying in. Akashi leant back on the leather seat and made himself comfortable as he stared out of the window. It had been so long since he last visited Tokyo.

As Akashi took in the beaitiful night view of the city, a flash of light blue caught his eye. He sat up to take a closer look. Is that... Kuroko? Akashi's eyes widened in disbelief. Yes, it was definitely Kuroko. His beloved Tetsuya. He could recognise that sky blue hair and pale complexion anywhere. But... how could that be? Why would Kuroko be in Tokyo... Then it hit him. He was in Tokyo. Kuroko lives in Tokyo. How could that have slipped off his mind? Just as Akashi was about to ask his driver to pull over, he noticed two other familiar figures walking alongside the shadow. Aomine and Kise. They were holding hands... they were still together...

Guilt overwhelmed Akashi. If it weren't for him, they would be too. If he hadn't done such a stupid act, they would still be together. They would spend their evenings texting or calling each other, he would come over to Tokyo as often as he could to visit his lover and bring him out on a date, spend the day together. He would book the entire cinema for just the two of them and cuddle close to the boy as they watched a movie. They would go to a fancy restaurant afterwards to have lunch together and spend the rest of the day catching up with each other, making up for the times which they had to spend apart. Akashi's eyes followed Kuroko as the vehicle moved further and further away, his left hand pressed firmly against the cold car window. Tetsuya... Akashi cringed as they turned around a bend, causing him to lose sight of the shadow. He needed to meet up with Kuroko. He needed to apologise. Whipping out his phone, Akashi made two phone calls. The first one, to inform his secretary that he would be staying in Tokyo for the rest of the week. The second, to Midorima, the only remaining member of the Generation of Miracles whom he was still in contact with.

"Good evening, Shintarou"

"Akashi? How rare of you to call"

"Are you still in touch with Tetsuya? Or Daiki? Ryouta?"

"Yes, I am, what's the matter?"

"What is Tetsuya's current address?"

"How am I to know? I only heard he moved out of his parents' house recently. Why the sudden interest in Kuroko? I though you and him..."

"Never mind about that, do you know where he works at?"

"He currently works as a teacher at Teiko Kindergarten"

"Okay thank you Shintarou. Anyway, send me all of their numbers later" Now... how do I meet up with Tetsuya...