Trapped

Two days had passed since Monarch's heroic debut. The two heroes were yet again, fighting to save Paris from a sentimonster. It didn't take long for Monarch to show up again and forcefully help them.

"You know, I'm starting to hate that guy even more now." Chat said angrily. "We just told him we don't need his help."

"That just proves my point. It's like he wants us to believe he is on our side, even if it was temporarily." Ladybug said as she watched Monarch take down the monster. After that, the monster disappeared. Monarch stood on a building not too far away from the two heroes. He saluted them, then left. Ladybug threw her lucky charm into the air. Everything was back to normal again.

"So what now?" Asked Chat.

"As I said. We need to set up a trap for him. Let me just review my plan once more."

"I know it will work." He said with a smile. Ladybug smiled as well.

"Thanks, kitty."

                                  ~•~

The day after that. Marinette joined Adrien at the door of the bakery. He greeted her warmly and kissed her.

"Good morning m'lady." He said.

"Good morning kitty." She said. "I've come up with a plan. I just need some time to put it into action."

She discussed it with him. After some time, they'd reached the school. They met up with Nino and Alya at the gates. Marinette grabbed Alya and dragged her with her. "Hey Alya, mind if I talk to you for a second?"

"I don't. But stop dragging me around, please." She said. Marinette let go of her after she made sure no one could hear them.

"I need your help, as Rena Rouge." She whispered.

"Awesome," Alya said brimming with excitement. "What can I do for you?"

"An illusion," Marinette said. After Marinette told her what illusion she'd make, Alya was excited but at the same time worried. It was risky. It could reveal some important information to their enemies.

"You sure it will work? A guy like Monarch wouldn't fall easily for it."

"I know. But the target isn't Monarch. It's the peacock miraculous holder." Alya looked at her mischievously.

"I get it now." She said.

"Here," Marinette said while extending her hand. She had the fox miraculous in her palm. Alya took it and put it in her small bag so no one can see it.

They reached their class. Fortunately, Ms Bustier still wasn't there. Marinette took the chance to talk to Chloe.

"Hey, Chloe."

"Oh, hi Marinette."

"So how are you doing with Felix?" She asked.

"We're doing great."

"Oh really? Since when did you two go on a date?" Chloe put her hand on her chin.

"Come to think of it, it's been like a couple of weeks."

"How about you take him to that cafe across from school?"

"That's a great idea."

I'm sorry to do this to you, Chloe. Marinette though

It wasn't a pleasant idea Marinette had. But it was necessary to keep Felix under surveillance. Marinette truly felt bad for doing it. She was hurting Chloe. But if Felix was Monarch, she'd do whatever it takes to take him down for good.