Date in a cab!

Siya was excited and scared. She couldn't believe this was really happening. Raghav had already left to call his car so they both could leave. Siya went to get her bag. She had to tell a million lies to her friends regarding her early departure. They were not happy but there was no way they could know the reason. She went to the rest room to freshen up, wash her face and fix her clothes. The flashes of what happened in the fire exit made her blush. She recalled the look Raghav had in his eyes. He almost looked drunk to her. She had no idea what was going to happen tonight. Siya wasn't sure what was running in Raghav's mind. She hoped that he didn't make a pass at her for just a one-night stand. Honestly, at this moment Siya wouldn't mind that either. She slapped her cheek to get her senses back and went down looking for Raghav. Just as he had promised, he was waiting beside a black car, he opened the car door for Siya and touched her waist while she got in. Siya had mini shocks running her spine every time Raghav touched her. He never let go of any occasion to subtly touch her without being inappropriate.

It was 7:30 PM on a Friday night in the city of Bangalore, they were stuck in a huge traffic jam. There was silence for the first few minutes, neither of them knew what to say. Siya spoke up "So, where are we going?". Raghav answered "Well... I wanted to take you home" there was a pause while he tried to analyze Siya's nervous expressions and continued "but it will be too soon for that, so we'll just go have some drinks and dinner". Siya nodded in agreement. Raghav looked at the crazy traffic outside and wondered if they will even make to dinner in time. He shifted in his seat and turned 90 degrees towards Siya. He held her hand and made her do the same saying "We will be stuck in this car for a while... so the date can start from here". Siya smiled at him. Raghav had not seen her smile this wide in these couple days. He was looking at her with complete attention. This made Siya a little uncomfortable and she bent her head to hide her shyness. This wasn't just a date in the car, this was a very intimate date because Raghav still hadn't let go of her hand.

Siya was the stupidest girl there was. She took her hand back and removed a little tiffin box out of her bag. She loved to pack homemade mathri as snacks. She offered them to Raghav, and he took the entire box. When she tried to pick a piece, he didn't let her. Instead, he picked a mathri and brought it close to Siya's mouth trying to feed her like a toddler. Siya rolled her eyes in reaction to his filmy moves. Raghav knew that she wasn't the kind of girl who would enjoy these filmy quirks. He brushed her lips gently with his hands in the pretense of removing food particles stuck and said, "Annoying you is a lot of fun". Siya had a strong come back "You need to keep your hands to yourself if you want me to take you seriously".

Raghav gave a hearty laugh; he always knew she was a tough nut to crack. They started talking about their current lives. Siya told him that she thought Ritu was his girlfriend. He hesitated a bit and said "well... she is not my girlfriend anymore, but she used to be a long time ago". He in turn asked Siya about her friend Shreyas who he noticed Siya was very close to. In fact, he was the guy because of whom they had their first fight during the project go-live. Siya gave him a disgusted look and said, "Shreyas is almost a decade younger to me!". Raghav replied "So what! He's a guy!". Siya explained "Well... he is like a brother to me". Raghav naughtily replied "Well... Ritu is definitely not like my sister". "Well... I figured!" smirked Siya. Their chat continued for another hour.

Raghav did not take her to a very fancy place which was a great relief for Siya. They went to a small bar in a very old building of the once very popular MG road. It was on the 13th floor. They got into the lift, along with them entered a fat old man with a judgmental look on his face. He had a shop on the 2nd floor so he got off soon. Raghav and Siya were now all alone in the lift. He was standing behind her, he came close to her but did not touch her anywhere. He only sniffed her neck which gave goosebumps to Siya. She took a step back and held his hand and he held her waist and pulled her closer. He slowly moved towards her but just as he was about to kiss her, the lift beeped, and the door opened. They were now on the 13th floor.

Raghav managed to get two chairs overlooking the view in a open place. To his advantage they were in the corner of the bar away from everybody else's view. It was a chilly November night, the wind made it even colder. They ordered their drinks, and the talks began to get more intimate. Raghav was done with talking about others, he now wanted to talk about her... only her. He asked her why she ignored him. She answered saying she did not believe Raghav would have any real interest in her. She thought it was all in his head especially when Ritu dismissed her that noon. Raghav asked her what she thought of him. Siya was honestly not sure but she felt they have a connection even though they are poles apart. He is annoyingly charming and a very popular guy, and she is just a sulking cynic.

Raghav did not let her sell herself short. He said "Do you remember that day when I first saw your picture, where you were wearing a red saree and the works. I was completely blown over!" Siya argued "Come on, what I was wearing is most common, you are a south Indian, don't you know?". Raghav didn't pay any attention to her and continued "Its not about your clothes, you looked divine. I had fantasized about you that night". Siya asked rolling her eyes "You mean dreamt of me?". He replied naughtily "No... I fantasized! You looked like the kind of girl I could introduce to my mother. So... in my fantasy I take you home to introduce you to my mother and then I take you to my room..." Siya shut her ears pretending to not wanting to hear the rest of his dirty story. He continued "I take you to my room, while you are looking like that. Then something something something while you are looking like that... Then I make babies with you while you are looking like that". Siya's expressions suddenly changed. Raghav clarified "Hey... obviously we were married in my fantasy. We procreated everything legally madam! What I mean to say is, I am 37 and I have not been serious with any woman and one look at you and this is what I feel like I want... from you!". Siya's smile had faded and Raghav got confused about what he said wrong. He nervously continued "Siya, Don't get me wrong, I am not saying I like you because you are a homely simple girl. Which of course you are but you are much more than just that. And I am sorry if I was being too hasty today, I will control myself until you are sure and ready, but I like you.... Genuinely...". Siya put her hand on his mouth in a gesture to make him stop talking.

She hadn't told this to anyone yet and sheneeded all the courage she can get to say it to Raghav. She said "I should havetold you something, but I didn't know we would get this close tonight. I can'tmake your fantasy come true." Raghav said "come-on.. you've already given me a bumperpreview". Siya continued "I can't have any children. Its not impossible butconsidering my age it almost is". This is the news I had received from mydoctor the day we first spoke. No one knows this yet. Raghav looked into hereyes with shock, and he could see tears building up. He leaned towards her andgave her a tight hug and kissed her hair over her ear. They sat like that for aminute when Radhika let go of him and said "I am ok. I am doing fine now. Don'tworry". They spoke for some more time. Raghav dropped her home. She asked himto stop on the main road saying she can walk from there. He got out of the carwith her, before he could say anything Siya shook his hands and said, "GoodbyeRaghav Viswanathan" and walked away. He didn't stop her, and she didn't expect wewould.