A Boat Ride to Remember

The next day we are getting ready to board the ship at Giza Port for me to walk with my siblings as people are boarding the boat and animals as well, "Do you really think he's going to show up?" Evie asked as I looked at her with raised brows; I had doubts, "Yes, undoubtedly, knowing my luck. He may be a cowboy, but I know the breed. His word is his word." Jonathan tells us for me to know he is right about that, "Well, personally, I think he's filthy, rude, a complete scoundrel. I don't like him one bit." Evie explains as we stop for a man to join us. 

Then, as I look up at him, "Anyone I know?" the man that is Rick says for me to look at my twin, who has a pink tinge to her cheeks for me to hold in my giggles while standing there holding my suitcase in front of me, "Um, hello." Evie gets out as Jonathan pats Rick's chest as we stand there. As my twin looks like a fish out of the water, which makes me indicate to close her mouth, which she does quickly, "Smashing day for the start of an adventure, eh, O'Connell?" Jonathan questions as he shakes Rick's hand. I try not to laugh at my twin sister's situation, "Yeah. Yeah, smashing." Rick was saying while checking his pocket for me to look at my brother.

Don't you dare try stealing wallets again, "Oh, no, no, I'd never steal from a partner

Don't you dare try stealing wallets again, "Oh, no, no, I'd never steal from a partner... partner." Jonathan says light-heartedly as the boys laugh at that, boys, "That reminds me. No hard feelings about the..." While pretending to punch Jonathan, O'Connell mentions, which I wish to see again, "Oh, no, no. Happens alI the time." Jonathan says for me to stand there gripping the handle of my travel case tightly, "more as time passes", I mumble under my breath which no one heard, "Mr O'Connell. Can you look me in the eye and guarantee me this isn't some kind of a flimflam? Because if it is, I am warning you..."

Evie demands as I look over at her and then up at O'Connell with a tilt of my head, "You're warning me? Lady, let me put it this way: My whole damn garrison believed in this so much... that without orders, they marched halfway across Libya and into Egypt to find that city. When we got there, alI we found... was sand and blood." O'Connell explains to us as I look at him. That is a fascinating tale, but we have more significant problems: "Let me get your bags." O'Connell proceeds to grab the handle of my bag. "Mr O'Connell, I can manage," I answer as he walks off with my bag as I follow suit, "lady..." he was saying as I cut him off. 

Then, "Elizabeth", I answer as he looks at me with raised brows, "what?" he asks for me to sigh in aggravation, "my name is Elizabeth", I answer in a slow turn as he looks at me, "Liz, you are a strong lady, I can tell, but I'll be the muscle for this operation," he tells me as I go wide-mouthed on that, "firstly Mr O'Connell, I am a digger, not the hired muscle" I tick off with my fingers for him to watch me in surprise that I am listing things off to him, "and secondly do not call me Liz, the only known person to call me by that name is dead" I hiss out as I swish my hair over my shoulder to storm off not liking the man to be much. Still, I bumped into the Warden, who was boarding the ship, "Oh, no. What in the hell are you doing here for?" I question as I look over at my siblings, who are in shock and horror that he is here as well, "I'm here to protect my investment, thank you very much." the Warden answers as I sigh in aggravation to throw my hands in the air while storming away, "just invite all of Egypt, why don't we" I hiss under my breath as I walk off to find somewhere to read out from the idiot people.