Chapter 4 Insectum theocracy

The Insectum Theocracy is a religious and fanatical kingdom made up of insectoids that worship three godlike beings called the Divine three, with religious officials of the Aphid Cathedral overseeing theological affairs and acts as the governing b...

The Insectum Theocracy is a religious and fanatical kingdom made up of insectoids that worship three godlike beings called the Divine three, with religious officials of the Aphid Cathedral overseeing theological affairs and acts as the governing body of the Insectum Theocracy, the Insectum are lead by the Holy Eminence (a religious position held for life) who serves as both religious leader of the Divine three faith and head of Insectum government.

Part 1 culture.

The culture of the Insectum, which is a national identity made up of thousands of inscetoid species all blended into one single cultural group, is shaped by the tenets and practices, rituals, traditions, fundamentals, teachings, instructions, and conduct of their religion called the Divine three faith.

The Insectum consider the Nectar of the Ichor flower as holy and baptize themselves and their newborn in it believing that it would cleanse them of their sins and bless them in the eyes of the Divine three, Nectar baptisms ceremonies are held in cathedrals or by Nectar pools.

The Insectum pray to the divine three multiple times of the day, and attend their local cathedral for religious service, mass prayer, sermons, liturgy and choir, from sun up to sun down once every three days.

Insectum couples have their weddings in cathedrals and are officiated by religious officials of the Divine three faith.

the Insectum have holidays dedicated to saints who performed miracles and died in the service of the Divine three and the Aphid Cathedral such as saint Katydid, saint Mantis, saint Moth, saint Phasmid, saint Beetle, saint Acarid, saint Cicadas, saint Cricket, saint Odonata, saint Nepidae, saint Earwig, saint Barklice and many more.

The Insectum are fundamentalists and so if anyone failed to follow or broke the tenets of the Divine three faith and the Aphid Cathedral they would be forced make penance to ease the guilt in their souls, for the wealthy it was paying an indulgence, for the peasantry, poor and common folk it was self inflicted harm via flagellants whips.

Most Insectum don't wear traditional clothing as their exoskeleton acts as their clothing covering their body, but some wealthy Insectum individuals are able to buy silk clothing to wear over their exoskeleton, while the religious officials of the Aphid Cathedral wear religious clothing such as, ropes, cloaks, cassocks, Albs, Chasuble, stole, habits, surplices, vestments, and other religious clothing.

The Insectum are a matriarchal society with Insectum males submissive to Insectum females, the females fill leadership roles as they view males as too emotional to be leaders, instead the male fill the role of househusband performing household tasks and duties, though males are allowed join the Insectum military they are unable to rise through the ranks as only females can be promoted in the Insectum military.

The Insectum don't use the term sibling to describe kin of the same parents, they use the term brood mate to describe fellow kin of the same parents.

The Insectum don't bury or burn their dead, instead they take the deceased bodies and recycle them into food to feed their ever growing population.