Chapter 16

A/N - I think I'm gonna have one more chapter and then an epilogue. But don't worry, we won't be saying goodbye to Rooster/Mongoose or Iceman/Mongoose...

A week into Mongoose's forced leave and she was bored. She listened to the radio in the rec room while they trained just to make sure her friends (and Rooster) were safe.

Mongoose was laying in her bed when Rooster came in.

"Get up," he told her.

"What?"

"We're going on a trip. Mav gave us the weekend off."

Mongoose sighed and rolled over, away from Rooster.

"Come on, princess. It'll do you good to get off base."

"I go off base!" Mongoose argued.

"The Hard Deck doesn't count. Come on."

Seeing that Rooster wasn't going to change his mind, Mongoose got up and packed a bag.

Rooster pulled her out to his Ford Bronco and they set off.

Mongoose thought maybe Rooster was taking her to Long Beach or maybe even Los Angeles, so she was confused when they started to drive into the desert. "Roo, where are we going?" Mongoose asked.

"Somewhere where we can be alone and just relax for the weekend."

They pulled up to a hangar and got out.

A vintage P-51 Mustang sat in the hangar, along with a sitting area and kitchenette.

Mongoose walked up to the plane and ran her hand along the body.

"This is Mav's personal hangar," Rooster told her. Rooster let Mongoose wander around the hangar.

Mongoose walked up to the wall next to Maverick's workbench.

There were pictures of himself, Goose, Iceman, and a few of Bradley as a young boy.

She reached up and pulled down a picture of Maverick and Goose.

Rooster came up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist. "That's my dad."

Mongoose wanted to reply with "I know", but she let Rooster talk.

"I told you how he died right?"

Mongoose nodded. She leaned back into Rooster's arms. "You look so much like him."

And he did. Sometimes when she looked at Rooster, she saw Goose. The man she didn't have the chance to interact with much. Most of her time was spent with Iceman and Maverick.

She put the picture back up and glanced across the pictures until her eyes fell on one of Iceman. He was shaking hands with Maverick.

They looked so happy. How could they look so happy when she had "died" for them?

Rooster swept Mongoose's hair over one shoulder and placed a kiss on her neck.

Mongoose let out a shaky breath. "Bradley? What are you doing?" Mongoose turned her head and her lips met Rooster's as his hands squeezed her hips.

"I thought it was rather obvious." Rooster kissed her again and pressed her hips into Maverick's workbench.

Mongoose's eyes went to the picture of Iceman and Maverick. "Not here," she gasped. There was no way she could make out with or have sex with Rooster knowing that Iceman's picture would be witness to it. It felt disrespectful.

Rooster took her hand and lead her over to Maverick's seating area. He sat down on the couch and pulled Mongoose into his lap, connecting their lips.

Mongoose's hands immediately went to Rooster's hair. Rooster groaned into her mouth as she tugged at his sun-kissed locks.

The two kissed for a few minutes before Rooster pulled away to kiss her neck.

Mongoose whimpered when he hit a particular spot on her neck. Making out with Rooster felt so different than when she and Iceman had. Her body felt like it was on fire.

The sounds she was making drove Rooster crazy. His hips started moving on their own.

Mongoose gasped when she felt how hard he was beneath her. "Rooster..."

"I want you. So much, Noel."

Mongoose pulled back from Rooster.

"We don't have to if you don't want to," Rooster told her. Maybe she had changed her mind.

Mongoose shook her head. "No. No, I do. Really. I just..."

Rooster tucked some hair behind her ear. "Hey, hey. You can talk to me, princess."

Mongoose sighed and looked down at Rooster. "I...I love you Rooster."

Maverick was right. She couldn't imagine living in a world without Rooster by her side.

Rooster let out a breath. "You scared me there, baby."

Mongoose kissed Rooster. "Take me to bed, Rooster. Or lose me forever."

Rooster smiled. "Show me the way home, honey."