chapter 14

I was lying in my bed not even knowing how I got home yesterday.

"Lydia, breakfast is ready. Come on, wake up."

What? Is this my mother's voice?

I quickly went downstairs where Mum and Dad were sitting at the table.

What the actual hell?

I ran towards them and hugged them tightly.

"Good morning, Dear." My mother smiled.

"Yo- you're here."

"Of course we are honey. Where would we be if not here." Dad joked.

Yes. I'm sure this is one of my father's jokes. But it can't be real.

For god sick, I'm going really crazy. But I have to enjoy the moment I guess.

I sat looking at them silently. I couldn't even ask them what was on my mind.

Suddenly, the door of the house opened forcefully, and a tall man, whose face I did not recognize, entered, carrying a weapon and pointing towards.. my father?

Then ...

***

"Lydia, hey Lydia, wake up, are you okay?" Hanna asked looking at me.

"Yes, I'm fine." I breathed hard.

"Bad dream?"

"A fucking nightmare." I said running a hand through my curls.

"You were sweating and screaming in your sleep. What was the dream?"

"I was with my parents laughing and talking, we were happy until a son of a bitch came in and killed them in front of my eyes." I glanced at her.

"What? Who was it?" She asked.

"I don't know. I didn't recognize him." I raised my elbows.

"It's okay. It's just a dream anyway." She hugged me giving me a small smile.

But what if it wasn't just a dream? What if someone really tried to kill my father?

No Lydia, keep it shut.

You're not living lin one of these movies you've watched.

My father died because of a heart attack, or at least that what I've been told.

"Matheo is waiting downstairs."

"What? What is he doing here?"

"I don't know. But, you two need to have this conversation." She mumbled looking at me. "You can't keep running away Ly. You know that."

I changed my clothes and went down to him, "What do you want?"

"We need to talk Tesoro." He announces sharply, his eyes solely focused on me. I glance up at Hanna, hoping she could get me out of this one but instead she pulls back his maroon sweater to expose an empty wrist.

"Well would you look at that, it's past my bedtime." Hanna whistles lowly as I roll my eyes at her pathetic lie.

She then grins at me, "Bye Ly."

And with that, she turns on and leave the house, I walk to the open door and stick my head out.

"It's still morning and you're not even wearing a fucking watch you fucking bitch." I yelled while she waved at me.

Fuck.

"Yeah, so.. you wanted to talk?"

"Don't fucking play that game with me Tesoro. You don't know what I am able to do." He groaned with his angry tone again.

Wow.. I've never seen an angry Theo before, cause he was never angry with me. Like ever.

"What are you talking about? What game?" I crossed my arms looking at him.

"Playing with my fucking step brother just to get your silly revenge." He groaned.

"Well, surprise. Not everything's about you Riddle. Get over yourself."

"Oh yeah? That's why you decided to do it right after Maya showed up."

"Fuck yes I was angry. Okay?" I shouted. "She cames to my house right after the second we were kissing saying that you make out with her. How the fuck did you want me to act? You didn't even bother yourself to explain it to me."

"Because nothing happened. Believe me. I wasn't conscious." He said after pulling a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"That doesn't justify what I did." I pulled his hand away forcefully.

"You want an explanation? Fine." He said while running a hand through his dark hair.

"I was working when I received a message with a picture of you holding someone's hand while smiling and in my anger I went to the bar and drank a lot because I thought you forgot about me. Maya came and took me to a hotel room, and when I woke up, I couldn't remember anything, except that Maya told me that I molested her and forced her to sleep with me."

"What?" I was shocked as I putted my hand to cover my mouth.

What photo is he talking about?

"I didn't want to do it Tesoro. Believe me please. I don't know how to handle this but I know I love you and I can't just let you go." He grabbed my hand.

"I've never forget you Theo. Not even for a second. I don't know about the picture you saw but I didn't meet anyone after you left. You know that. But we can't do this now Theo."

"Why not? I told you, Maya isn't my girlfriend and I don't love her. I love you and only you Tesoro. I don't know how I've survived there but I know that I can't handle another minute without you. Please." He said pulling me toward him.

"I know, I love you too but-"

"There's no but Tesoro. Maya took a plane and went back to Italy this morning." He smiled as I rested my head on his shoulder.

"It's just you and me again." He whispered.

What if nothing happened that night and Maya was lying?

Or what if he, was lying to me?

No.

Theo never lied to me.

Shit. My mind is going to explode.

***

It's 2am

And I'm still writing :')