chapter 16

I stayed up all night thinking about the conversation between Kai and the unknown, I'm sure they were talking about my brother and Matheo.

But what does it mean to take over the company? Is he talking about my father's company?

But what does Kai want from it? His father has several companies.

Otherwise, what does Matheo has to do with this? Kai said in his text that my brother works with the Riddles. Did he meant The Riddles or another family?

Ugh, I still don't understand anything.

Maybe I shouldn't tell them about this, at least not yet.

I need to figure out something.

Yes. I found it.

***

"Hey Max, I need your help with something." I mumbled looking at him.

"Sure. Anything for you dear." He smiled.

Max is a genius computer and phone hacker.

I asked him to hack Kai's phone so that I could read his messages from a distance so as not to attract attention to me or he'll suspects that I knew something.

"But how are you going to get the number?" He looked up from his computer at me.

"Don't worry I have a plan for this." I smirked.

***
I went to school late and sat down with Marcus and Hannah. "where have you been all day?" Marcus asked.

"I fell asleep." I raised my elbows.

I know. I'm lying to my best friends. But, I can't tell them neither. It has to be perfect, my plan has to be perfect, so I can get the phone without any distraction.

***

Classes ended and we went to the cafeteria.

"Hanna, you're having a party tomorrow." I raised my eyeballs to her.

"I am?" She looked at me confused.

"Yes you are." I talked seriously.

"Okaayy... And what's the occasion?"

"Nothing. You're just going to throw a party with a lot of alcohol. Invite all of your friends, and I mean all of them." I smiled. "Invite Kai too."

"Wha-what? Kai? Aren't we done with this Kai thing?"

"No, not yet. I just need more time." I glanced at him as he was in the next table across me.

"Fine. But for your knowledge, Matheo is going to kill me. Both actually."

"Yes yes. Don't worry about him, he won't know because you're not going to invite him."

"Bu-."

I quickly got up and left them before Hanna could finish her sentence.

Time is running out and I don't know when Kai will "attack them", or I hope I've misunderstood the word "kill them".

I was browsing my phone and saw several messages and calls from Matheo.

I haven't spoken to him since that night because I don't know what to say to him.

That I will tempt his brother so that I can hack his phone and can understand everything that is happening?

I am sure that if I told him about the texts neither he or Thomas would tell me anything.

I should know that on my own.