chapter 21

Matheo and Thomas were lying on the wall, each one covered in blood. Thomas' face was bleeding as he was holding the side of his head in pain, and Matheo was holding the side of his stomach as he was bleeding heavily.

I saw Kai there too, I think I was wrong about him after all. But I'm sure there is another reason why he would do these things.

I walked towards Theo until uncle Farton stopped me putting the gun in front of my head.

"Go one more step and I'll blow your head off." Farton smirked as I froze in my place.

"Put down your damn gun, you motherfucker." Matheo shouted hard as he tried to catch his breath.

"Calm down Teo, you'll get worse. Don't worry I'm fine." I gave him a small smile.

"So, my beautiful daughter, where were we?" Farton looked at me.

"Don't you dare to call me your daughter." I glanced at him sharply. "How could you kill him? He was your brother. Your were a fucking family."

"Yeah well, it's business. Your father wasn't able to do some things, but I was. The life of the mafia was limited to killing and looting, but your father was hiding in the mask of humanity. He was a coward and he should have been disposed of, otherwise the family business would collapse."

"Don't you dare say that my father is a coward. He was brave and honorable. More honorable than you. At least he had some humanity inside him, unlike you. He didn't kill innocent people and his own brother just because he was jealous of him." I slowly closed my eyes as I felt tears pooling in.

"Do you dare say I'm dishonest. Do you know where you are now? I'm the one with the gun in your face and you don't have any weapons to contend with. At any moment I can blow your fucking head off, you and those two." He said while clenching his teeth pointing at Thomas and Matheo.

I was losing time. The two of them were losing more blood with each passing second.I had to act quickly.

I pointed to Theo with my eyes, and he shook his head, indicating that he understood me.

"Hey Farton. Instead of threatening an unarmed girl, how would you like to fight someone your size?" Matheo said with difficulty, which made the fat ass turn to him and laugh.

That gave me some time to gather my strength and kick Farton's hand and the gun fell from his hand.

I punched his fat face as hard as I could and he fell to the ground holding his nose, which started to bleed.

I quickly advanced and grabbed the pistol that was lying on the ground and pointed it at my uncle.

"I think it's time for you to get out of the family business, too Farton." I slowly walked towards him.

"Hey, hey. Lydia, darling. Calm down. I'm your uncle, right? I mean, you're not going to kill your uncle, are you? You are not a killer like them." He closed his eyes begging me.

"I think I need to be like that now. Bye, uncle." I said emphasising every word.

I closed my eyes and shot him as my tears fell. I turned towards Thomas and Matthew who were breathing hard.

"Calm Tesoro, we're fine. Call this number and we'll be fine." Theo smiled at me lightly.

I looked at him in worry.

Does he want me to call an ambulance?

How will we explain to them what happened?

"Don't worry, it's a number of our friends." He said.

***

"How do you feel?" I grabbed Teo's hand.

"I'm fine Tessoro. I am, really. Don't worry." He pulled me towards him and kissed my forehead.

Theo and Thomas were lying in the house after what happened. As they remained the rest of their mafia, to clean up the place and erase the traces of the accident.

Fortunately they did not receive much damage.

A week has passed and they are back as usual.

Or,

I hoped so.