chapter 12

We got to the party and looked around until I saw Andrew standing in front of me.

"Lydia?" He said in shock.

Why's everyone being surprised about me going to Kai's party?

"Andrew, wow I didn't know you and Kai were friends."

"I didn't know you and Kai were friends neither." He laughed.

"Yeah well, changing of the plan." I smiled.

I went to the bar to get a drink until I felt two hands groping my bare back.

"Funny seeing you here." Kai said turning me toward him.

"What? Didn't you invite me? And you know I've never missed a party before." I smiled looking at him.

"Yeah, I know." He whispered into my ear. "You look hot in this dress."

"I know." I smirked. "You're not bad yourself."

"Thanks love. But you know, if you are bored, you know where to find me. I can make this evening more enjoyable upstairs." He winked.

"I know you will." I winked back at him.

You'll have to wait a little longer, Lydia.

I'm sure Matthew will come soon with this, Lana or Sana or whatever her name is.

I got another glass of vodka and sat across from Hana looking around.

No wonder they say Kai is the best party maker, this place is fucking amazing.

"Ly, are you sure you want to do this. There's still time. We can go back home now." Hanna stopped me.

What? She wants me to back off now? Never.

"Hanna I told you I'm not going back home. If you want to leave, the door is right there. You can leave." I glanced at her.

I know I'm acting like a bitch but I can't handle her right now. I need to focus on the plan.

Wait. I don't even have a plan yet. Great.

***

I was sitting with Andrew and Hanna, drinking and talking, and everybody tried to get close to me or touch me the time I was there.

I think I overdressed.

It was a short, dark red dress that did not reach the knees, with a bare back and an open chest that highlighted the charms. I had straightened my long hair and put on makeup to match the color of the dress.

Yes okay. I did overdressed.

I saw a face that I recognized as soon as I saw him coming towards us. Matthew.

"What are you doing here Tesoro?"

I despised him and continued laughing with Miles, Hannah's new friend I think.

I felt a hand pull me out. Matthew, of course.

"Don't you dare despise me when I talk to you again, never Tesoro," he groaned.

"Or what? Are you going to bring another girlfriend you met in Italy?" I laughed.

"For the last time, she's not my fucking girlfriend."

"Well, I guess she doesn't agree with you."

"I don't give a fuck about what she thinks."

"I do. Now if you excuse me. Kai is waiting." I smirked.

"Game on Theo. Game on." I whispered emphasising every word then I turned around leaving him alone.

I turned towards Hana who was dancing with Andrew and Miles.

"Time for the next steps," I murmured to her.

She nodded and pointed to Miles and two other boys who came towards me and pulled me onto the dance floor. Kai walked around me and pulled me towards him even more as I wrapped my hand around his neck smiling and looking back where Matteo was watching us.

We started dancing and Kai started moving his hands around my waist and my back whispering to me and telling jokes so he wouldn't make me bored.

I never thought he would be funny and kind to anyone because of what I heard about him at school that's why I never liked him. Well, I guess they were wrong. He seems like a good person.

Or maybe he's faking it.

I hope he's not.