Chapter 21

By: Krazy_Katrina

SpottedPaw's POV

It was a normal sunny day and it felt like the battle with IcePack and FirePack was years ago. Some dogs still talked about it, but everyone just said it was in the past get over with it. The dog that told NaturePack about the emergency, StarFace as they got to know her by the star on her cheek, left when everyone came back from the battle.

SpottedPaw licked her scratches from battle, but didn't have any serious injuries like her mate, ShadowClaw. She couldn't believe that ShadowClaw had thought she liked LarchPaw better than him. Maybe she did? No. She liked him as a friend not as a mate. She got up from where she was laying down and padded over to her friend, GoldPaw, who was talking to IcePaw.

"Hey GoldPaw!" SpottedPaw excitedly said. "I haven't seen you since battle, but that was two days ago. How have you been? Got any serious injuries that you have had seen by SunCloud?"

"No, I don't have any serious injuries, but I do have a cut on my nose." She touched it with her paw and winced, but moved on. "I see you don't have any yourself, that's a relief!" She looked over her shoulder to where IcePaw was, but he had left. "Umm.. I have to go SpottedPaw. See you later." GoldPaw headed in the direction she thought IcePaw had went.

 That was weird. She seemed fine until she noticed IcePaw was gone. SpottedPaw thought. Did GoldPaw like IcePaw? If so why wouldn't she tell her best friend in the pack? SpottedPaw after all told GoldPaw that she liked ShadowClaw, so why couldn't GoldPaw tell her if she liked IcePaw? SpottedPaw was still standing where she talked to GoldPaw and saw that GoldPaw had caught up with IcePaw.

SpottedPaw narrowed her eyes and retreated into the apprentices den to take a nap.

*

SpottedPaw woke up to other dogs around her sleeping. The moon was out and it was close to full and the Pack would meet up with the other Packs, in peace, at a Gathering. StarPack watched over them at the Gathering and if there was a fight the clouds would cover the moon to tell them that StarPack wasn't happy.

SpottedPaw yawned and since she couldn't sleep she asked the warriors on guard if she could go out into the forest for a night walk.

"Sure SpottedPaw, but be careful and keep an eye out for anything." RainWhisker warned.

SpottedPaw padded through the bracken tunnel and sprinted through the woods when no one could see her. She hunted a little and caught two mice and one squirrel. She was walking back to the camp when she saw two eyes, both yellow, staring at her from the bushes. She dropped her prey, unsheathed her claws, and snarled at the bushes. More eyes came into the night, blue, brown, hazel, olive, amber, green, and they all stared at her. She stopped snarling and stared in fright at the eyes. They started moving and once they came into view SpottedPaw knew that these dogs were from another Pack, FirePack. She stepped back and ran to the camp to wake everyone up, to tell them that FirePack was well after the battle at SandPack's camp and ready to ambush NaturePack.