Chapter 33

A/N: sorryyy for the long break. I went on vacation and also I had no inspiration on how to continue this book. Anyway enjoy! This chapter is rough😮‍💨

The flight to Russia was short and tense. Everyone still recovering from the previous events and thinking about what might be waiting for them in Russia.

Elio left Luca and Alessia in charge back in Italy, only bringing along Selenia and Gio.

The trip to the Russian base was not long after landing. Upon arrival, they were all greeted by the Russia Capo Maxim, and to Selenia and Elio's surprise, when they entered the living room none other than Matteo greeted them.

(Russian base but with snow)

Elio had told him about what was happening in Italy but he honestly forgot all about Matteo's agreement to come to Russia.

"Long time no see! Brother and my favorite employee" Matteo enthusiastically said with a big smile on his face.

"Fuck off Matteo. It's late and we are exhausted." Selenia grumbled, walking past Matteo and up the stairs where she was told the location of her room.

"I see still as grumpy as ever." Matteo turned to Elio.

"After what happened, she hasn't been doing the best. They fucked her up man. She nearly died just to get us out." Elio inhaled sharply trying not to think too much about how Selenia looked when they brought her back from the room.

Matteo grew concerned, not only for Selenia but for his best friend. He could see the look of despair on Elio's face.

"She knew what she was doing. And there was nothing you could have done, even if you weren't locked in a cell. There's no way she'd listen to you." He tried to lightly joke to Elio who only slightly nodded his head in agreement. Sighing-

"She's right though, we are exhausted so I'm gonna head up too." Elio gave Matteo a small smile before disappearing upstairs.

Of course, Selenia and Elio shared a room while staying at the base. They both were barely able to strip before falling onto the bed and into a deep slumber.

The next few days were spent tracking and gathering intel on the Russians and their movements. Viktor and Igor's contacts came in handy, proving most of the information needed.

The mafia devised a plan to attack first. Russia's rented out a big mansion in the woods, closer to their base. It appears as though they were going to told up there until it was time to move out, being able to arrive at the Italian base quicker.

Elio decided to rush them first. So that is what they are going to do. Gio, Elio, Selenia, and about 50 mafia members plan to storm the mansion.

No man is to be left alive unless they are a child or a mafia don. However, Elio doubted the don was there. Elio tended to run his mafia differently than most. He preferred a more hands-on approach, staying on the front lines instead of behind a desk, which is where Elio guessed the Russian don was.