Chapter 8: No, I'm Sorry.

LOUIS’ POV~

Yes it was me. Who sent Emily that note of course. I was getting ready for our date at the park. I was very excited but very nervous.

Zayn came into the room and must have noticed my nervousness because he said “Lad chill, everything will be alright!”

“I know its just… I want everything to go perfectly.” I smiled a bit, the boys and I set up a nice picnic, girls like picnics… don’t they?

Zayn placed a hand on my shoulder “Everything will go perfectly… Like me.” He said looking at himself in the mirror while making faces.

I chuckled at his over infatuation with himself. He handed me a light blue v-neck and said, “Wear this. She wont be able to keep her hands off you.”

I smiled and said “Thanks Zayn.” He just nodded and left. After getting dressed I walked up to the full size mirror to check myself out. I just starred into my own eyes and sighed.

~

Harry's POV~

The entire car ride Louis could not stop fidgeting in his seat. He was very excited, anyone could clearly tell. Once we got to the park he was frantic, a nervous wreck. It was nearing 5 o’clock and the preparations were in place; blanket spread, basket set and candles lit. Everything was to perfection; Niall had his guitar so when Emily arrived we could sing what makes you beautiful.

~5 o’clock

“Ok everyone, PLACES!!!!! She’ll be here soon!!!” Louis announced giddily.

~ 5:45

“Maybe she’s running late?” Liam offers as Louis wavers to keep his smile.

~6:30

“NIALL!!! Quit eating the food!” Zayn yells at Niall who is stuffing his face with bread.

Louis is staring at his watch as if to speed up time or slow it down, waiting for her.

~9:00

Louis’ POV~

She stood me up. She wasn’t coming… This is it. I watched as the boys slowly picked up around me. I didn’t care if I was in their way. They offered sympathy but I didn’t want any.

Once they packed everything into the car Harry came over to me. “Hey come on, let’s go back home and have a few drinks, huh? Come on get up.” He said and I looked up at him from my spot in the grass. I slowly got up and Harry started to walk away, my feet were cemented to the ground. He turned around confused and came back.

He opened his mouth to say something but I stopped him. “I-I want to walk…” I said shakily.  He nodded and sighed while walking back to the car. I watched as the car sped off into the night. I looked at the pathway ahead of me and shivered wishing I had brought a jacket. I put my hands in my pocket and started to walk. This park was quite big so it would take a while to get to the end.