goodbye for now.

y/n pov

today is my birthday.

that means i'm about to be sent to my section. in our society, a section means something like a department for your sign. you know your sign since birth. depending on when you were born you're either in the water, air, fire, or earth section. i was born on february 7 which means i'm about to enter the air section. when you turn 16, the authorities come to pick you up to send you to your section where you train for disclosed purposes.

i always wondered why they make us do this. they only tell us to become aware of our powers before we're sent to our sections so we don't come unprepared. this is where i've already screwed up. no matter what i do or how hard i try, nothing comes out of me. i heard they give us a test the second we step into our sections and i have nothing.

my best friend, yoongi, has already mastered his water powers and even tried to teach me how he does it, but i'm still not able to do anything. i wish i knew at least what it felt like. lucky for him, he gets sent to his section next month fully prepared unlike me.

it's 7:12 am.

i need to get out of bed to head to school. i'm mentally preparing on how to say goodbye to my friends. most importantly to yoongi. we've been friends almost since birth.

i change into my uniform and go downstairs where i can smell my mom cooking breakfast.

"morning mom" i say to her as i head to the fridge to pour myself a glass of orange juice.

"morning baby, how do you feel?" she asks me as she turns to give me a quick kiss on the forehead.

"i'm a little sad to be honest" i tell her the truth.

"aw, it's going to be over before you know it, i promise" she says trying to cheer me up.

"how did you get out of your section again?" i try to remember.

"when you turn 25, they give you the option to keep training or return to your normal life" she reminds me.

"you met dad when you got out?" i ask her curiously.

"yep! and we worked hard to get where we are now" she says smiling while putting food on my plate.

"looks like your brother isn't awake yet... SUNOO!" she shouts before she turns back to wash the dishes.

"i'm going to miss you all, will i see dad before i leave?" i ask worriedly.

"yes, of course. he said he'd leave work early to see you off" she reassures me.

"okay" i smile satisfied.

"... morning" my little brother, sunoo, says as he comes down the stairs rubbing his eyes.

"good morning my little one" mom says as she goes to him and gives him a kiss on the head.

he comes to me and hugs me. i hug him back very tightly.

"morning sunoo, how did you sleep?" i ask him once we separate from the hug. i ruffle his hair as he sits on his chair beside me.

"not good, i had a nightmare" he says pouting.

"oh no... do you wanna talk about it?" i ask him as i start to eat my breakfast.

"in my nightmare, you never came back to visit us from your section and you turned evil" he tells me still pouting with a frown forming on his face.

"i'll always come to visit you guys no matter what, okay? don't worry" i reassure him with a side hug.

suddenly, the lights go off in the kitchen. but then i hear my mom singing happy birthday to me. she comes from the kitchen doorway holding a small cake with candles lit up.