🍁Chapter 16🍁

"Mama!" Her son screamed and she was left with no option but to pick him up and gaze at the man who had just come.

Rakshit:- mama?

Drishti couldn't help looking down when tears fell down his eyes.

His heart squeezed and as if someone stuck a pin in it, it pained a lot.

She was the mother of a son. A son who was no less than 5 years old.

That meant she was already married.

She never wanted Rakshit to be in this state and today he was standing as such.

Rishab:- hi uncle!

He smiled before kissing his mother and told her to put him down so that he can go and play outside with his friends.

Rishab:- bye uncle!

He giggled before running up to his group of friends glued to the house gate and waiting for him to come.

The man who brought Rakshit here left after he analyzed the fragility of the situation.

The two lovers were left to talk and face each other after 2 years.

Drishti:- andar nahi aoge?

Rakshit:- mujhe laga tum bulaogi hi nahi.

He smiled, still waiting for her to tell him it was all a lie. That she was his.

They went inside and as Drishti was about to go and bring a glass of juice for him, he caught her wrist and in an instant circled his arms around her.

The anticipation to hold her after 2 years kept his heart at disturbance. Even if he was mad at her, he couldn't resist the feeling to hold her.

He was ready to forgive it all and make a fresh start.

Rakshit:- Drishti, kaha chali gai thi tum? Meine tumhe kitna dhundha! Tum kyu chali gai achanak. Aisa kya hua tha ki tum mujhe akela chod ke aa gai? Kya tumhe andaza bhi hai kere dil pe kya biti?

Drishti:- kya farak prta hai? Ab tum apni zindagi mein age bar jaoge.

Rakshit:- pagal ho kya? Na mein age bara aur na hi barunga. Drishti please, kya tumhe mere pyar par bharosa nahi tha?

The rest of the words were blanked out as she felt numb all of a sudden.

In the arms that she always wanted to be in, she stood numb to any feelings but guilt and pain.

Rakshit:- kya hua tha?

He asked cupping his face.

He tried to stay angry, but his heart gave in.

Drishti sighed, she knew there was no point in playing this game for long.

She feared him finding her and she saw it coming true today.

Her biggest fear stood in front of her.

But one day she had to explain.

And that day came too soon.

She sighed again.

Drishti:- The Dark Knight *chuckles* mere husband Shekhar Malhotra ke new project ka nam tha. Shekhar, vo insan jise meine pyar kia tha. Vo compang chahti thi ki The Dark Knight, jo ek pharmaceutical drug tha, illegaly use ho. Company ke ceo ne formula chori jar lia.Us multinational company ko ye manzoor nahi tha ki Shekhar ne us drug ka patent apne nam karva lia aur unke khilaf case kar dia. Us samay mein Rishab ke sath pregnant thi. Shekhar ne hume doosre shehr bhej dia, kahi door jahan hum us ceo ko na mile aur phir.

She cried a few tears emotionlessly before keeping her hands on Rakshit's arms holding her and turning her face away.

Drishti:- ek din achanak mujhe phone aya ki Shekhar ki ek car accident mein maut ho gai. Vo koi accident nahi tha but ceo ne sab vakeel aur police vale khareed lea the. Unhone mere Shekhar ko galat proof kia, uspe dag laga dia. Bad mein pata chala ki Vo patented formula kabhi patent hua hi nahi tha. Isi dar se Shekhar ne hume door bheja ki kahi company vale use dhankae na. Par sab kuch galat ho gaya.

She sighed.

Drishti:- tabse meine ye than lia ki mein apne pati ki maut ka badla lungi. Mein the Dark Knight bani, apna kam shuru kia, company ki sari franchises aur branches gira di. Meine socha ab sab theek hai par..

She looked at Rakshit.

Drishti:- phir mujhe tum mile. Aur na chahte hue bhi mujhe tumse puar ho gaya.

She smiled weekly.

Drishti:- mujhe dar tha ki tum Rishab ko nahi apnoge.

Rakshit:- to kya isi lea tum gai?

He was in tears but those were replaced by tears of joy when he came to know that things weren't put of hand. She could still be his.

He had no problem with the child. Infact he was more than willing to accept him.

Rakshit:- Drishti tum fikar mat karo. Mein,...mein tumhare bete ko apnaunga. Use apna hi beta manuga. Drishti bas vapis aa jao. Hum shadi kar lenge aur apni ek alag funiya basaenge. Apni family banaenge.

He cried before holding her hands.

Drishti tried to say something but at that time, someone called her.

"Drishti!"

She jerked her hands away and stood at a distance.

A man in his late 30s came and stood by Drishti holding her from one side and looking into his phone. "Mera charger kaha hai?"

As he looked up he saw Rakshit and got confused.

"Oh mehman" he smiled.

"Ye Rakshit hai, mera dost" Drishti said faintly "Rakshit Shergill"

"Oh. Hi Rakshit. Mein Shekhar Malhotra. Drishti ka husband"

And the ground Rakshit's feet slipped once again as the hope to get his love broke once again.