Chapter One

*~Julia' POV~*

It had been two days since we heard the news. It was now Monday, which normally meant another day of being ignored, but not today. As I walked through the doors, I was swarmed by people, all wondering if what they heard about my sister was true. Yesterday, the news about my sister got out to the public, which should have been impossible, since patients' information was supposed to be confidential, but somehow the Tabloids got it.

I walked down the halls, frantic and upset voices in the background. As I got to my locker, I put my stuff away and grabbed my things for my first hour. I hurried to my first hour, Current Events, trying desperately to avoid everyone.

As I was a senior in my last semester, I was taking a couple easy classes, like Current Events, and Team Games, which is a gym class, along with other classes, such as AP Calculus, AP Bio, AP English, and my free period, where I usually did my homework or read in the library. I walked in, and swiftly took the seat in the far back corner, where I sat everyday.

I knew it was partially my fault for being ignored, as I didn't exactly try to be noticed, but if people(normally) tried to interact with me, I may have tried back.

A couple minutes passed, and the class had started to fill up. When the bell rang, signalling school had started, every seat was occupied by a person, even the ones by me, which people usually tried to avoid. Not today though. Today they were filled by Marie Adams, the Queen Bee, a very tall pretty brunette with bright blue eyes and a clear completion. Unlike what most people think of the populars, she didn't wear much makeup, but she didn't need to, with her unnatural natural beauty, and was very sweet. With Marie beside me, that left the seat diagonal from me and in front of me.

Soon, Jake Williams filled the one in front of me. Jake was also a popular. He had short, dark brown hair and chocolate brown eyes. He had a sweet smile that you couldn't help but fall for. He was very tall, seemingly about 6'2" or 6'3", and was quarterback on the football team and star player on the basketball team. He was also not a stereotypical popular, as he was also in Band, given, he was a percussionist, but still.

Occupying the last seat was Quinton Boulderman, Jake's best friend, and Marie's boyfriend. He had the old Bieber-style hair, which with his dirty blond hair, he could pull off very well. He wasn't quite as tall as Jake, only about six foot. Also, as Jake had brown eyes, Quinton had bright green ones. He was also the jokester of the school, and laughed at everything. The only thing I could ever think of would be him like a little puppy, always excited and wanting to please everyone.

I slunk into my seat as the three sat down. I suddenly got very self-conscious, well, more than usual, if that was possible. My face felt hot as the all turned to me. Marie was the first to speak.

"I know you're probably not in the mood to hear anymore 'sorrys' or 'is it true's but I just wanted you to know that I'm here for you if you need someone. You probably think this is really weird, seeing as we've barely ever spoken to each other, but I just wanted to tell you that people are here for you." She spoke, pain edging her voice. She felt for everyone. Even if she didn't know you, she could literally feel your pain, and at times, it seemed as if she could feel worse than you.

"Never..." I muttered.

"What?" She asked. confusion clear in her voice and face.

"We've never talked to each other before today," I said softly.

"Well, there's a first thing for everything." she said happily.

Before I could reply, our CE teacher, Mr. Jackson, walked in. 

"Welcome class," his deep voice bellowed. A few answered, but most just sat silently. 

"Now, as you may have heard, over the weekend, one of our past students had something absolutely terrible happen to her," he started, but it's all I heard. I had run out of the room before he could get any farther into his speech. I didn't even bother going to the nearest restroom, I just broke down right there in the hallway. I sat there, my knees up to my chest, just sitting in the middle of the empty halls, my head down.