13

"I've fetched you parchment, envelopes, ink, quills, wax, a tea light, and some seals. Is there anything else you need my lady?" Hiyyih asked, handing the princess a beautifully packaged box.

  "I believe this should be all," she smiled, graciously taking the box.

  "Uh, my lady. I just have one more question before I take my leave," Hiyyih piped up, feeling slightly awkward.

  "What is it, Hiyyih?" She asked, quirking a brow.

  "I understand that you are more acquainted with the castle and whatnot, and I was simply wondering if your explorations have led you to fancy this area of the castle more than your room?"

  "Ever since I left the castle, the prince has found himself very worried with my whereabouts. Hence, he has decided that he would be less concerned if during my evenings, I remain in his chambers," the princess mumbled to Hiyyih, chuckling awkward as she cast a glance further into the room. Hiyyih assumed it was because the eyes of the prince were on her.

  "I see. Shall I fetch you anything from your old quarters?"

  "No, you needn't do such a thing. You must have other duties to see to. You're free to go. And thank you once again," she smiled as she waved the maid off before turning back into the princes chambers.

  "Supplies for the invitations?" Soobin asked from his sofa where he sat going over some official documents.

  "I feel useless sitting in here all day. I might as well do something," she huffed, placing the box down on the coffee table beside Soobin's papers.

  The princess took a seat on the floor, opening the box and arranging the supplies all around her, some on the floor, some on the table.

  "You are simply adorable, Def-Idelis," he chuckled, standing up and giving her a gentle kiss on the forehead as she pouted, making sure the stack of paper on the table in front of her was neat.

  "Adorable enough to go to the library?" The princess asked, looking up at the prince beside her. She saw the look on the princes face, borderline cocky, and she added another criteria. "Unaccompanied."

  "It may seem unbearable, but it gives me great relief to have you in my sights. Allow me this pleasure for one more evening," Soobin sighed, giving the princess a similar pout.

  "Alright, alright. But tomorrow I am going to continue my studies with Namjoon. Without you."

  "Of course, my darling," he chuckled, removing his embroidered coat, leaving him in a buttoned up shirt. He hung the coat on a hanger in his wardrobe and returned to his place on the sofa, careful of all the supplies that the princess had placed on the floor. "You know what you are writing, correct?" He asked, watching as the princess dipped her quill in ink.

  The princess hesitated with her quill hovering over a sheet of paper. She looked back up at the prince who was already looking at her.

  "I would know what I should be writing had I been able to consult with Mr Kim earlier," she chided, puffing out her cheeks.

  "Move the seals and the wax," he instructed.

  She picked up the wax and the seals and she placed them on her other side. Once the space beside her was cleared, Soobin sat down on the floor beside her, resting his arm behind her.

  "What is it you wish to say?" He asked, gently taking the quill from her hand.

  "I wish to inform each family that they are invited to attend the Autumn Equinox celebration at the palace," she murmured, letting Soobin write some scribbles down on the paper.