VIII.

"We'll leave now love birds! Do not make any mess..and I mean any kind of mess..in our kitchen!", Seulgi exclaims kiddingly towards Jisoo and Chaeyoung. The latter picked up a spatula and threw it towards her but she was quick to dodge it.

"Get out of here you tweeps! Do something productive for the rest of the day for a change!", Chaeyoung yells back.

Behind them is Jisoo giggling at how playful the youngsters are. True enough, Chaeyoung ordered that the shop would only be open for half day to let Jisoo focus on her project.

"You know you could do the same too. You can go home and rest.", Jisoo utters towards her companion.

"This is productive, eonnie. This is part of our work, and besides I want to see you bake and make something delicious. Of course I'm here for the food mainly.", Chae chuckles.

====

After few hours, the two are already sitting side by side. Laid in front of them are the samples for rainbow cake, red velvet cake, muffins, cookies, a pitcher of the blue lemonade with yakult and a fruit shake with four seasons flavor.

Chaeyoung claps happily like a child looking at all the delicious food in front of her and Jisoo laughs at her.

"Wow this blue lemonade is really refreshing! The rainbow cake is also pleasing in the eye. For sure the kids would love it! The rose patterned whip cream design is really amazing! The mocha filling is just the right taste, not too strong or pale."

"Yes, the mocha inside is tempered by the cream outside. I lessened the sugar so they would compliment each other. This red velvet though, the outside is plain. I'm thinking of adding some crushed almonds on the side."

"That would be great! I haven't tried red velvet with nuts on the side. You have an amazing baking skills eonnie! I'm really really impressed. I'm sure Jennie and Lisa would be impressed too."

"How about these muffins, which one do you think would do good?"

"Hmmm I like the banana and the carrot muffins. But I thought you were going to make cupcakes?"

"I'll turn those muffins into supcakes by adding cream filling on top and a little inside."

"Wow that's amazing! And these chocolate cookies are to die for!"

"Do you think these will be enough?"

"More than enough and more than impressive eonnie. Trust me, they'll like this."

"Thanks Chae. I owe you a lot again."

"What are you saying? I'm the one who owes you a lot! I'm benefiting from your great skills. I only provide for the tools."

"Exactly, I may have the skills, but without you, I wouldn't be able to use them, hone them."

"You're worth it, okay. The world deserves to  experience your skills amd taste what you bake. And of course, I always get to taste delicious desserts so you don't owe me anything."

But Jisoo is really so thankful to have Chaeyoung.

When her parents died in an accident four years ago, it was Chaeyoung who has always been there to pick her up whenever she's down. She just graduated from college, and when her parents were gone, she was suddenly lost. She didn't know what to do with her life. Her sister, Irene, is already living with her husband in France, working as a freelance photographer. Irene had to go back to France just a month after the funeral and as much as Jisoo wanted her to stay for her to have someone, she understood she had a life of her own. But Irene made sure she always called. She asked Chaeyoung to look after Jisoo for her, and the younger girl promised she would.