001, ghostly sins

CHAPTER ONE ————— ghostly sins

Lupe Herrera was out, it was rather late at night. She was sitting at the bench near by the body of water that had quite the beautiful view of the rest of the city of New York. Trying her best to recollect her thoughts, as they were everywhere. And she needed a way to remove the stress from herself.

That was when she saw something happen within a far distance, seeing a building had just collapsed. Making her spring up from where she was sitting, squinting her eyes. Wondering if she was seeing things or not. She prayed that there was nobody injured or something far worse.

And here she thought that she would be able to enjoy the rest of her night, to enjoy it in peace and quiet. But instead she watched how the particles of the tall, towering building fell straight into the water. Feeling like it was such a sin to be watching something so terrible happen. A part of her wanted to go there and help people, to help whoever may be in need- but she restrained herself from doing it. It took every fiber in her being to do so.

She didn't know what to do, all she could do is stand there. Her feet felt like they were super glued to the floor. The tiny muscles in her eyes strained themselves, stuck at the horrid picture of what they were seeing almost just before her.

She must of been standing there for quite the while though- hearing water flush a huge pipe. Tilting her head in the direction of it, noticing that a man lied there- in and out of consciousness. He climbed the rocks with the little energy that he had left. His chest now against the muddy dirt. Softly pressing his face against the very dirty, but moist texture.

She went running to the injured man, jumping over the railing instead of going around- considering it would take longer to get to him. She felt like she was floating from how fast she was running, heart beating erratically within her chest. Anxiety trying it's best to sink in.

She now kneeled beside his body, flipping him over onto his back. Now wishing she never came here to begin with.

It was Matthew Murdock.

It was Matthew Murdock, the one that was injured from the now collapsed building. He wasn't wearing regular clothes. He was wearing the outfit of the man who lurked in the shadows. The vigilante. He's Daredevil.

Matt Murdock is Daredevil.

She knew that she didn't have time to process this shocking information through her head. To get register it in her brain. She begun to take her off her brown jacket instead, her bare arms meeting the brutally cold air. Her eyes quickly scanning for any open wounds, pressing it to one of the biggest ones on the front of his torso, near his stomach and chest. Toppling it over it, grip tightly as she possibly could to be able to stop the bleeding to the best of her ability.