010, when the party's over

CHAPTER TEN————— when the party's over

                                                                          Matthew Murdock was still rendered unconscious, as the fight had completely worn him out. "Come on, wake up. Wake up." Lupe Herrera began, trying her best to awaken him.

"Lupe?" Matthew grunts, "You're bleeding."

"I know, I know." Lupe tells him, "I'll be fine. Are you able to sit up?"

"Yup." He says, sitting up as Lupe takes out the sharp blade from her stomach. Hissing when she did so. Her head was throbbing from the hit she had taken from when she had attempted to lead out the church. Luckily, they were able to make it out on their own.

Karen kneeled beside the two of them. Sitting down on the floor. "You're bleeding though, a lot." The blonde makes note of, "And your forehead, it's swollen and scratched up."

"I know." Lupe repeats herself once more, sighing. Her eyes blurred slightly from the pain she felt in her head and from the punctured wound near her stomach. "We gotta go." Lupe could hear the police sirens outside, and she knew that the other two could hear them as well.

"Where is he?" Matthew asks, knowing that he was referring to the guy in the red suit. The one who pretended to be Daredevil.

"I don't know. I think he got away." Lupe explains to him, his head looms over to Father Lanthom's dead body- as he still couldn't believe that he was dead. Neither could Lupe.

"He killed him, Lupe. He killed him." Matt says, trying his best to not cry. But it was almost impossible not to. The person that had raised him, that raised his older sister and Lupe was now gone. He was dead.

"I know, baby, I know." Lupe began, trying to sooth him best she could but it was hard to considering she was on the verge of tears again. "You gotta run. The cops are outside. You have to go now."

"No, we both have to. Actually all of us do." Matt says, making a point.

"No, both Karen and I will explain everything to the police." Lupe tells him.

"The two of you, the man in my suit, his name is Ben Pointdexter. He's an FBI agent that works for Fisk." Matt tells the both of them, and Lupe went into shock. The world around her spun. She heard a ringing noise in her ears. "And so does Agent Nadeem. If they find the two of you, they'll kill you both."

*****

"Who's in command here?" Dex asks, walking over to the police.

"I am. Captain Strieber, 15th precinct." He introduces himself, letting the two FBI know who was in command.

"Nadeem, FBI." Nadeem introduces himself, shaking the captain's hand. "Daredevil's our suspect. I'm assuming command."

"The suspect is still at large. We have civilians down on the inside, but the church and surrounding buildings are on lockdown." Captain Strieber explains to them.