005, a bullet to the heart

CHAPTER FIVE—————a bullet to the heart

     Lupe decided to leave the morning after, bright and early considering she had to change into clean work clothes. She had came in a little late- and by the looks of it word had gotten around that someone had tried to take her life the day before. Clearly it had gotten to Claire Temple. A friend of hers that was somehow also familiar with the man in the black mask. With Daredevil, Matt's second identity. But now they were both on their break of the night. And Claire couldn't reach to her on the first one since she was on a different floor on the other side of the hospital building.

   "Are you sure that your alright?" Claire asks her friend with concern lacing her voice. 

 "Yes, Clay." Lupe tells her, Clay was a nickname she had came up with for Claire. "I'm fine. Let's talk about you, enough about me. How has things been going with you and Luke? I heard the two of you were messing around." Lupe says, chuckling- taking a sip of the warm coffee Clair had brought her.

 She saw Claire's reaction as she almost spit out her coffee, wondering how she knew who that was. Her head turning to Lupe incredibly slow, causing her to burst into more laughter. "It was obvious the two of you were screwing around, Claire." Lupe says, leaning her head against the wall as she sat in her chair.

   "Was it?" Claire questions, bringing her cup of coffee to her lips- taking a sip of the warm beverage.

  "Yeah, it was." Lupe answers her question, crossing one leg over the other. The smile still plastered onto her face. "Goodness, I can't wait to go home. We never get actual breaks." She then sighs, allowing it to disappear.

  "Well, if you did- if we did, then we wouldn't be able to help the people that need it." Claire tells her, "Trust me, I'm just as tired- but at least we get to help those who are injured, hurt, in pain. Our job does good."

  "Well your shift ends in 30 minutes, Claire. I have to stay until 5am this time." Lupe explains to her, yawning. "I'm tired."

  "Now, that is a little too much." Claire comments, making Lupe chuckle slightly, taking another sip of her warm coffee.

 "So tell me, how's been it with Luke?" Lupe asks her friend again, going back to the topic.

  "All I'm telling you is that he fucks hard." Claire tells her, causing her to earn a look from Lupe. Her brows were furrowed, eyes squinched right at her. Like if she was questioning her life. Making Claire burst into laughter again.