002, forget me again

CHAPTER TWO————— forget me again

     Since Matthew Murdock had discovered it was her taking care of him, she has been trying to avoid any and all the questions he had for her. He also knew that this now meant that she is fully aware of the second identity he has. 

   It was quite late, the darkness luminates the room. She had helped to bring him to a room in the basement. Also with the help of Sister Maggie and Father Lantom. For some odd reason, a part of her wished he was still fast asleep in what was his temporarily coma. She had no desire to speak him.

   She had her arms folded over her chest, she had just finished with a long shift at work. So she had quite the busy and most stressful day, like every other. She loved her job, especially since she has a very good salary.

   She was snoring ever so softly, her head lumped backwards- facing the ceiling. Despite the day she has had, clearly her subconscious as she slept wasn't going to give it a rest. As it had other plans for her.

  Blood was all over her little purple dress, as she felt a sharp pain in her ribs and stomach. Making it slightly difficult for her to breath. She needed to end it, and her dreadful father wanted to watch. He encouraged her to-do so. He was pushing her to do it. To end her own life, otherwise he would end it for her. And that was the very last thing that she wanted.

   He grabs a fistful of her raven hair, tilting her head up to him. "Que pendeja eres hija. (What an idiot you are, daughter.)" He says to her in his motherly tongue. His first language, Spanish. He spits in her face, pushing her away as he leaves chuckling. Not able to contain himself. He was pure evil. Like the devil decided to use her father as a costume, but now it was glued down onto his skin. 

  Her father is like the devil.

He is the devil.

  She then collapses to the ground, her vision blurry dotted. Feeling her cheek against the cold tile, wooden floor of the kitchen. And the pool of salt water that had formed from the tears falling from her hazelnut brown eyes. As the next she saw was the darkness, the only thing that could ever give her peace.

     Her eyes shot open, flinching as she had woken up from yet another nightmare of what used to be her life. Her heart pattered like a mouse in a trap. Panicked. Afraid. She checked her surroundings, noticing she must have fallen asleep after aiding Matthew.

    She rubs her eyes in a circular motion with open fists. Allowing her hands to fall onto her lap. Trying to process everything within the dark place called her mind. "You alright, sweetheart?" A sweet voice asks her, looking up again to see that it was Sister Maggie.