006, the devil's remark

CHAPTER SIX—————the devil's remark

   Lupe couldn't believe it, whoever the imposter of Daredevil was an assassin of some sort. Both her and Matthew met back at the basement of St. Agnes. Where he continues to stay. He was clearly more wounded than she was. But she still couldn't stitch him up from the hole the assassin almost put in her right hand.

  "You're missing the point!" Matthew continued to yell at the both Maggie and her. Despite Lupe not saying much. He backs a few steps away. His buttoned-up shirt was no longer even the color white, as it was tainted by all of his blood in different spots of it. Clutching a bunched up towel over a wound as he continued. "He didn't just find someone to wear my suit. He found someone as fast and as skilled as I've ever seen, and I couldn't take him. He...He found someone to kill me."

  "Matthew..." Lupe trails off, forgetting what she was going to say. Blinking rapidly, the things that happen in the press room with Karen playing on repeat within her head. The muscle of her eyes felt like they stop working, as she had them stuck to the ground. Her hand goes to neck, the necklace of Mother Mary her mother had given to her was gone. The one thing she had to keep her sane all these years. The material was something that gave her comfort.

  Now the only necklace that hanged on her neck was the one Maggie had given to her when she had arrived to the orphanage years ago, when she was a little girl. Maybe if she had the necklace her dead mother had given to her underneath her shirt like the way the one of the cross was, she would still have it. It wouldn't be tossed away into a murder scene. Something she was now never going to get back.

    Suddenly, she had the urge to vomit. Feeling it in her throat, running to the trash can in the corner. Kneeling down to it, a hand pressed to her stomach as she hurled, puking into it. Giving herself a few seconds before she let more out.

   When she had finished, she gets back up- wiping her mouth with the back of her hand. The one that wasn't injured. Noticing Maggie was looking into her direction, and that Matt had his head tilted to her direction. Wondering why she just puked. Listening to her to heartbeat, to her body- she was traumatized by what happened. She was in shock.

  He decides to go back to the conversation. "Goodness, I was so stupid to think that I had Fisk cornered. "He knew I'd find the witness, and I just brought the sheep to the slaughter." Matthew continued to rant, Maggie decided to go stitch Lupe's wounded hand, since clearing Matt wasn't really letting her until he finishes talking.

  She takes her hand into hers, she wore blue rubber cloves so she wouldn't get contaminated with her crimson fluid. Removing the fabric Lupe had wrapped around her hand herself. Noticing the ripped-up sleeve from her left shoulder. Putting the two pieces together.