009, ruined savior complex

CHAPTER NINE————— ruined savior complex

   Lupe Herrera prayed that man wasn't dead, she hoped he wasn't. It was self-defense, but deep inside she knew she didn't have to-do something that could cost him his life. She knew he wasn't innocent, but she wasn't the type of person to kill people.

As her only kill was Matteo Herrera,

her abusive father.

She wanted to do good by her last name- as her father had poisoned it with his own wrong doing. The things he'd do to her were things only a monster would do. And last night, when that man had her cornered- she felt like she was stuck in the body of a young 11 year old girl all over again. 

   And the anger that came along with it, the anger she had trapped inside of her for so long. That would grow each and every time her father would hit her. Would beat her until she bled. She couldn't contain nor control her emotions after what she was been through.

  And that was why she felt guilty.

 Once she had gotten home, it was very late in the morning. She had went work. And all day she could only think about what she had done. Allowing her body to slide down against the door. Wrapping her arms around her legs, looking down at herself- her vision blurry from the tears caught in her eyes. As one slid down her cheek.

  She didn't want to add more things to the family name,

she didn't want to be like her father.

*****

  She decided to pass by the church, she didn't know what else to-do with herself. It had been a while since she had came down here to pray after everything that had been going on with her life.

  When she became a doctor, she was so dedicated to her job that she never had time to really do anything anymore. And she dedicated herself so she wouldn't be the monster that is her father. She wanted to be better than he ever could be.

  She hadn't told anyone about what had happened prior to last night, but she knew Maeve would have told her brother. So she expected at any second that Matthew Murdock would be knocking at her door. And the last thing that she needed right now was a lecture.

  "I don't think I've seen you around here in a good minute." 

  She turns around, noticing that it was Father Lanthom. As he takes a seat right beside her. "Yeah, it really has, hasn't it?" Lupe sighs, running a hand through her hair. Trying to calm herself down.

  "What seems to trouble you, child?" Lanthom asks, looking over at her.

 "It's something I rather not talk about." Lupe explains to him.

 "Well whatever it is, confess it to God." Lanthom tells her, "I'm for sure for whatever may have happened, he can forgive you for it."

  "But what if it's something so big he can't forgive me for it?" Lupe questions, turning to him.