The Mechanic

Daniela PoV:

                         I was sitting in the library reading, when Eleanor walked in, holding a tool box and carrying a ladder over her shoulder rather awkwardly.

                         "Do you need some help?" I asked, causing her to jump. She recovered, sending me a smile.

                         "That would be appreciated, thank you Lady Daniela." She said softly, as if she was scared to raise her voice. I stood up, setting my book to the side and walking over to her. I shoulder the ladder as well, helping her carry it underneath the glass dome in the ceiling. As she climbed, I looked away to avoid a full glance of her a-behind. 

                         "I-I'm going to go read on the couch, if you need me." I managed to get out, and she sent me a wide smile, before going back to looking at the mechanisms of the dome. I sat on the couch, reading my book until I heard a curse, and I looked to see Eleanor glaring at some kind of mechanical display in a pillar.

                          "Damn thing. Can't have you opening when the ladies are in here, can we now?" I smiled at her words, hearing the care and concern behind them. She started to fiddle with components inside the display, until I heard an odd shuttering noise.

                          "...Huh." She murmured, and I looked to see that rusted metal shutters had covered the dome. I stood back a little as she fiddled with the control panel, and I heard the dome retract, and in a flash, I was outside the library. I looked into the room, and saw Eleanor standing under the dome, glowing an ethereal blue as the cold wind rushed inside. The wind formed into a person, and the most basic parts of a dress began to form, until Eleanor hurriedly closed the dome. She breathed a sigh of relief, and I stepped back into the room, before hissing in pain as cold air touched my flies. She immediately pushed me out of the room, shutting the door as to prevent anymore cold air from escaping into the castle. A few minutes later, I heard a crumbling noise, and I rushed back into the room, noticing the fireplace had been relit, and there was a small, uncovered hole in the wall, that was covered up within seconds of me entering the room. I frowned, disappointed and sad that she had left, before sighing and sitting back down, resuming my book.

Cassandra POV:

                            I giggled as I chased the screaming maid throughout the halls, swinging my sickle. That was until she rounded a corner and disappeared, which made me scratch my head, until swearing rang out next to me.

                            "Oi, perv! Get out of my bedroom!" I heard Eleanor screech, before the maid came stumbling out of the wall, a massive cut across her face. Eleanor followed her out in her pajamas, wrench in hand as the maid cowered against the walls, crying out apologies as Eleanor raised the wrench high above her head. 

                             "Mhm." I stared at the sight, and Eleanor turned, giving me a small smile as a blush crawled along her face.

                             "Lady Cassandra, I didn't see you there! Sorry, is this one yours?" She asked, and I nodded my head.

                             "She was, but you look...Delicious standing over her, about to kill her." I dragged a hand along her jaw, and she blushed even harder.

                             "Go ahead...Kill her for me." I growled, and she nodded.

                             "Y-Yes my lady." She stammered out, before stalking over to the maid. The wrench came down on her arm, and I heard the bone snap. She screamed, and Eleanor kept bringing the wrench down again and again, until all the maid's bones were most likely broken, and Eleanor was covered in blood. I bit my bottom lip at the sight, until she continued to hit the maid's broken corpse. When I walked over and looked her in her eyes, the pupils were blown out, and her eyes were almost entirely black. I grabbed her shoulder, and she stopped, before her eyes returned to normal. She looked at the mess in front of us, and gulped.

                             "Oh...Well, shit." She murmured, before breaking from my grasp and disappearing into the walls. I stared, before looking at the pile of mutilated flesh in front of me, before calling a maid to come clean it up.

Bela PoV: 

                            "Thank you, Iselda. These maids are annoying." I grumbled as she laughed, helping the newly traumatized maid leave the room and get away from her dead coworker. 

                            "But of course, dear. Now, I need to go find Al-Lady Dimitrescu." I sent her a knowing smile when she stumbled over Mother's name, knowing the two were head over heels for each other, even if they both vehemently denied it. I turned away, only freezing when I heard a cold voice from behind me.

                            "Can these damn maids stop being so close to my exits!" I turned around, eyes widening in horror when I saw Eleanor raise her wrench above her head, ready to bring it down onto Iselda's skull.

                            "NO!" I shouted, grabbing the wrench before it hit Iselda. She was shaking and pale, as Eleanor gave me an odd look.

                            "I didn't know that some of the maids were exempt from the rule, my lady." I gave her an odd look in return.

                            "What rule?" I asked.

                            "I kill any maid who sees me exit the walls. There are ways leading out of the castle from in there, and you and your sisters can't follow due to the temperature. Your mother explicitly stated that. " She explained, and I leaned down to her ear.

                            "Mother is quite fond of Iselda, if you know what I mean." I explained, and she opened her mouth and then closed it, realizing what I meant.

                            "Oh! I apologize then, I didn't know. I'll keep my wrench away from your skull, then." Iselda nodded, still shaking, before Eleanor bowed and reentered the walls, her wrench still firmly in her grasp.

                            "Let's take you to Mother, okay?" Iselda nodded, obviously too shaken to listen, and I lifted her up and swarmed her to Mother's study.

                            "Come in!" She called after I knocked on the door, and I entered, still holding Iselda. Mother frowned when she saw her, and took her from me.

                            "What happened to her?" Anger and concern swirled in her golden eyes, and I scratched my wrist, something I did when I was nervous.

                            "Eleanor didn't know that she was an exemption to the rule you put in place." I explained, and realization dawned on her.

                            "Thank you dear. You may go now." I nodded, and as I left, concern filled me at what Mother would do to Eleanor.

                            Oh thank Satan, it's fucking finished.

                            All jokes aside, sorry for the abhorrently long wait everybody! Life is still kinda of shitty, and I'll probably be on anti-depressants soon, so that doesn't sound terrible. It may still be a while before the next chapter, but we're getting there. At any rate, have a lovely day, and goodbye!

-Madeline