Something New

Daniela PoV, Three Weeks Later:

                         Ever since my sisters and I had slept on the couch with Eleanor, we had been stealing her for warmth basically every night. We also used that time to just enjoy her presence, with our feelings for her growing every day. But, we had no idea how to approach her on the subject. We had asked Iselda and Mother if they could help, so Iselda had started pestering Eleanor even more than previously. The engineer usually just groaned and rolled her eyes, before redirecting the conversation. We had even learned a few things from her, using it as an excuse to spend time with Eleanor, and to get to know her better. We had learned that, shocker, her favorite color is blue, that she enjoyed hand to hand combat, and that she enjoyed reading in her off time.

                          "You bloody-Get the fuck back here!" I chuckled as Eleanor came sprinting down the hallway, chasing a terrified maid. I watched them run for a little while, until I heard a grunt of pain from Eleanor. The maid had stabbed her with a knife, and bright blue blood ran down her arm. My eyes narrowed and my sickle flashed out, and before Eleanor could even blink, I had lunged at the maid. My sisters appeared, in a similar frenzy, as we hacked the maid to pieces as Eleanor watched in confusion.

                           "No one touches her!" We hissed at the mutilated corpse beneath us, until we realized Eleanor was still standing there. We instantly stood up, blushing and stammering. We only shut up, however, when she stood on her toes and gave each of us a kiss on the cheek.

                           "Thank you for defending me, my ladies~" She cooed, smiling and blowing us a kiss as she left for the medbay. We stood there, speechless, until I murmured something.

                           "We need to talk to Mother and Iselda." Two nods from the other two, still shell-shocked as we stared at the door.

Eleanor PoV:

                           "I fucked up, I fucked up, ARGH I fucked up!" I growled as I slammed my head against the wall again, Iselda looking at me in worry.

                           "You didn't really. They have feelings for you, which you reciprocate. It's good that it's starting to bleed through." I nodded, resting my head against the wall.

                           "Did I ever tell you about the first time I fell in love?" I asked her, and she did a double take, before shaking her head.

                            "Her name was Anri. We met in a broken down fortress. I was new to being Unkindled, but still sought the Lords. She and her companion Horace sought Alderich, the only two children to escape the maneater, and they wanted revenge. We met occasionally, and I helped them as much as I could, and vice-versa. But after I killed the Abyss Watchers, Anri and Horace were separated, and Horace hollowed. Anri told me he was missing, and I tried to find him, but when I did..." I gritted my teeth at the memory, my younger self watching the silent executioner charge me.

                             "I killed him. I never told Anri, but she must of found him and buried him at some point. She was tired, and in pain, but she forged on to Irithyl alone, and met me in a church. At that point, we were both tired, and I was almost at rock bottom. I wanted to die a permanent death, but Anri saved me. We were happy for a long time, but duty called, and we slew the Pontiff together. But then..." More painful memories filled my mind, and I bit my lip to distract myself. 

                             "Yuria, previously my friend, and now someone I despise, told me that my spouse was ready. She had an assassin kill Anri, and to save her life, I became Lord of Hollows. But when I saw her again, she wasn't who she used to be. She wasn't Anri anymore, just a Hollow, with unwavering loyalty to me. I-I killed her, because she wouldn't have wanted that existence, if she could still think for herself. I-I-I loved her, and I k-killed h-her." I slid down the wall, falling to my knees as I sobbed. Iselda pulled me in for a hug, and I cried into her shoulder, staying there until three sets of arms pulled me in for a cold hug. I snuggled into the girls, crying even harder as they began to comfort me, rubbing my back and playing with my hair. I grew more tired with every passing second, and my sobbing began to lessen, until I sniffled and just stayed in the girl's embrace, enjoying the comfort.