Hollowing

Flashback text is like this

Bela PoV, Three Months Later:

                  Ever since Amelia died, we hadn't seen Aunt Donna and Eleanor was a rare sight. Every time we called the Beneviento Residence, a doll answered, and told us that Auntie couldn't come to the phone. The gas kept everyone out, even Grandma, who extremely worried about her. Eleanor was our main concern, as ever since Amelia had died, she had slowly become more and more reclusive. The only person she ever talked to was Iselda, who refused to share the conversations. In fact, she had drifted from Mother, causing her great distress. As to why Iselda had stopped speaking to us outside of short, terse responses, was unknown, and every time Eleanor saw us, emotions came to battle in her eyes, before she left. We had tried to talk to her about a week ago, but she merely ignored us and entered a wall. Constant banging around certain parts of the castle told us she was alive, but whenever we swarmed past, she stopped whatever she was doing and waited for us to leave. Iselda came down a hallway next to me, before seeing me and turning away from where she was going. A tear fell from my eye as I watched her scurry away like some new maid, not someone who had become a second mother to us. I tried to catch up to her, to find out what was wrong, or to hug her, or something, but I found she was gone, and a cold patch lingered next to the walls. I slid down the wall, crying into my arms as I realized that she was terrified of us. No maid entered the walls, they knew it was death by wrench, or some other construction tool, so only one truly desperate would enter them. I heard something like a door opening, and I looked to see Eleanor looking at me. She wore an eyepatch, and she looked healthier than ever, but her one visible eye was cold and dark, absent of life.

                  "Well, I was wondering what she was running from. Now I understand. Good day, my lady." Her voice was just as cold as her eyes, and she walked down the hallway, toolbox in hand. 

                After I had finished crying, I decided to listen to the maids. They had gotten bolder ever since Mother had started drinking too much, assuming that everyone feared her too much to speak ill of her and her daughters even if she was drunk out of her mind. That...Was not the case, whatsoever, and with a lack of Iselda and Eleanor around, they had little to fear.

                 "I hate it here. I wanted to serve beautiful ladies, not vampiric fly monster things." One groaned, and I clenched my teeth, anger coursing through me.

                 "Yeah, plus the fucking blue reaper in the walls. I found Lilith dead in the hall the other day, a hammer in the back of her skull! And don't get me started on Iselda, dear Mother Miranda she's a whore." I whipped out my sickle, ready to eviscerate these two, when their conversation turned more interesting.

                  "Did you noticed that Iselda hasn't been near the maid quarters recently?" "Yeah, what's that about? She still sleeping with our boss?" "No, but she keeps coming out of the walls. Maybe she's whoring out with the reaper, who knows." "Yuck. Can't wait to kill these monsters. Is everyone onboard?" "Pretty much. There are a few who "like it" here and don't want to leave, and some who are just too scared to." "Good, that means- Oh hi Iselda!" I cringed at the change of tone, but then I heard a noise like lightning crackling. 

                   "Oh my Mother Miranda! YOU KILLED HER!" I swarmed to the laundry room, finding a blackened corpse of a maid, while Eleanor and Iselda stood over the other. Iselda had a long knife in hand, and Eleanor had a long weapon in hand that looked like a cross between a spear and a sword.

                   "What is your plan with House Dimitrescu?" She growled, and the maid shook her head.

                   "There are no plans-AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" She screamed as the swordspear took her leg clean off. She dropped to the floor, and Iselda stepped forward.

                    "What. Is. Your. PLAN!" She shoved the knife into the freshly exposed tissue of the leg, and the maid screamed again.

                    "WE WANTED TO KILL THEM TO ESCAPE! WHY DO YOU CARE YOU AREN'T EVEN SLEEPING WITH THE TALL BITCH ANYMORE!" The maid shrieked, and my sisters joined me, eyes widening at the sight. 

                    "They are my family, and I hate what I've had to do to get here, but what's done is done." "B-But why are you working with the reaper?" She whimpered and Eleanor chuckled.

                    "Because sweetheart, I'm a psychopath. And I'm very intelligent, which is something you lack. Oh, and one more thing: You aren't dying that easily." Eleanor ripped out the knife, and she screamed as Eleanor held the leg in the appropriate spot, before raising a small bell. She rung it, and the maid healed completely, before Iselda drew back a fist and slammed it across the maid's jaw. Eleanor laughed, lifting the maid over her shoulder.

                    "Well, you certainly enjoyed that." "Of course! They called my babies monsters, of course I'm going to be pissed as all hell. Don't pretend you aren't either. Now, the question is, how do we explain this to them-Oh, hello." The duo had turned around now, and while Cass and Dani looked on in confusion, I merely ran over and hugged Iselda tightly. She immediately wrapped her arms around me, sitting down so I could cry into her shoulder in relief. I was extremely close to Iselda, as she had come to my aid when I had a panic attack on her second day.

Bela PoV, One Year Ago:

                     I sat in the corner of my room, crying as I shook. I couldn't breath, and my vision was blurry as I remembered the nightmare of the previous night. Ethan Winters, standing triumphantly over the corpses of my family, a gun in his hands. It kept replaying over, and over, and over again as I gasped for breath, tears streaming down my face. A knock came at my door, and I gasped again.

                     "D-Don't c-come i-in. P-P-Please." I managed to get out, before I went back to choking on my own breath. The door opened anyways, and one of the new maids, Iselda, came in, a worried look on her face. I remembered her because she was especially kind to us, and wasn't terrified of our needs and our pastimes. She even made us sweets, which was a horrible idea, but we absolutely loved it.

                       "My lady, what happened?" She asked, sitting down next to me. I immediately latched on to her, hugging her as I shook and bawled my eyes out. She leaned against my bed, pulling a blanket off of it to pull over the two of us, before loosely wrapping her arms around me. She started humming a lullaby, and I slowly began to calm down, almost purring as her hands raked through my hair. I began to fall to the grips of sleep, and I looked up at her, terrified of the dreaming world.

                        "I-I don't want the nightmares to get me." I murmured in an almost childlike voice, melting into her when she kissed the top of my head and held me close.

                        "I'm right here, dear. Sleep, nothing will harm you while I am here." I smiled and closed my eyes, nuzzling into her as sleep claimed me.

Bela PoV, Present Day:

                        "Thank you for not being terrified of us." I murmured against her collarbone, and I could feel her smile as she kissed the top of my head.

                        "I could never be terrified of you, dear. Now, sleep. Nothing can harm you while I am here." I smiled at the memory, before falling asleep with my face buried in her neck.

                 Two uploads in one day? What a surprise! Just making sure all of you have something to read while I get the stress of my test out of the way. Have a lovely day, and goodbye!

-Madeline