An Explanation

Eleanor PoV:

                          Iselda carried Bela over to a couch, where she sat down and laid Bela's head in her lap, draping a blanket over her. I chuckled, but soon noticed that Cassandra and Daniela were glaring at me.

                          "I...should explain." I rubbed the back of my neck and averted my eyes, but I could feel the glares worsen.

                          "No shit, Sherlock." The two growled, and I sighed.

                          "During my initial mourning, it came to my attention at least two of the maids were planning to kill you. Using it as a distraction from..." I frowned for a moment, pain flashing in my chest, but I ignored it and carried on. "Anyways, I told Iselda what was happening. But as she said, the maids would never be so loose-lipped with Lady Dimitrescu around. So, we came up with a plan: We would give the four of you the cold shoulder for as long as necessary, and Iselda would use the walls to avoid you. Eventually, the maids would notice your dulled senses, and thus begin to talk. Which is what happened, but we expected it to go a lot faster then it actually did." After I finished speaking, the two nodded, before narrowing their eyes at me.

                          "You should run." Iselda called out, and I nodded, before sprinting out of the room, two swarms hot on my heels.

                        After getting chased around for four hours, Daniela, Cassandra, Bela, and myself had managed to end up in some odd pile on one of the couches, slowly falling asleep. Bela had joined after about two hours, having woken up in a playful mood. I chuckled as the three took up places on my body, Daniela and Cassandra laying their heads on my chest and shoulder respectively, while Bela laid inbetween my legs with her head on my stomach. I smiled softly at the sight, before falling into blissful sleep.

                       When I woke up, I noticed that Cassandra was awake, half-lidded eyes looking up at mine when they opened.

                        "Hi." She murmured in a husky voice, causing me to shudder.

                        "Hello." I murmured back, and I noticed the small shudder from her as well. I chuckled as she yawned, revealing very obvious fangs. 

                         "Lady-" "Call me Cass, your four hours of running around earned you that." I smiled at her, before continuing.

                         "Cass, your fangs are showing." She looked at me, and nodded.

                         "Thanks, I just need blood. I'll-" "Just drink from me, I don't mind. I'm basically immortal, remember?" She looked at me in shock, as her sisters stir around me."

                          "I think I was dreaming. Did you say we could drink from you?" Daniela murmured, and Bela nodded in agreement.

                          "I did indeed. Go ahead, my ladies." Cass and Daniela went to opposite sides of my neck, while Bela picked up my left arm and brought it to her face. I guess my blood smelled pretty amazing, because a few seconds later, three sharp sets of fangs pierced my skin. I groaned in a mix of pleasure and pain, listening to the three drink my blood, soft gulps coming from each as their fangs retracted. My face burned when at least one of them moaned in appreciation of the taste. After a few moments, they began to lick the spots they had bit until they stopped bleeding, and settled back down.

                         "Are you alright?" They asked, and I nodded, smiling at each of them.

                          "Yes, just a little tired and woozy. Nothing a little sleep won't fix. Now, it's pretty late, you three should go to bed or one of your mothers will be angry at you." They buried their faces back into their previous positions, and I raised an eyebrow at them, my face burning a little at the sight.

                          "Can we stay with you? Mother and Iselda are...Rekindling upstairs." I winced, before managing to pull a large blanket off the back of the couch, and drape it over us.

                         "Then that's no problem. Let's sleep now, I'm on my way out." They wrapped their arms around me, and as I fell asleep, I heard a faint whisper from all three.

                         "One day, she'll be ours. But for now, let's just enjoy this." Three gentle kisses were pressed to my cheeks and my forehead, and I let sleep take me with a smile.

                     Just a bit of filler for now. I'm writing a big chapter since I'm on break for the next two weeks, but it won't be out for a bit. Anygays, have a lovely day, and goodbye!

-Madeline