Popcorn

AN: This little piece is a birthday gift to my bff Luiza - te amo muito! Dias melhores virão. Thank you for everything, always ❤️

They settle comfortably in their seats — row E, seats 3 and 4 — and are happy to find the room nearly empty, thanks to the fact that it was already almost 10 in the evening and the movie has been out for a few weeks now.

Yejin glances sideways to see her husband surveying the room; they're both wearing caps but she's already taken off her mask to eat some popcorn. She's been craving movie theater popcorn for a few days now.

"Can you relax? It's dark, no one will see us," she tells him, hoping to calm him down. Bin nods but keeps his eye on whoever enters the room. She finds it quite amusing. "Here, have some popcorn."

They've just had dinner, but her appetite has been particularly good this week and, since the latest checkup went very well, she indulges herself today. She had a lovely dinner, ordered dessert, and now she's having popcorn (with water, as the balance is everything). She shoves popcorn into Bin's mouth and he mockingly glares at her.

"I'm not used to doing this," he says, much like he did during dinner, after swallowing. "I don't come back to see my movies in the theater again."

"Well, I do. You'll see when we leave, you'll feel all proud when you hear someone say the movie was great," she continues. "It's better than any number in the box office."

He nods, then relaxes and moves slightly to put his arm around her. Yejin smiles at him and offers some more popcorn, which he accepts this time. It's been so long since they watched a movie together. In the premiere, they did watch the movie but she stayed in a private room with her family and in-laws — she wouldn't want to catch any attention when the focus should be on him. It's much better to watch it now.

She takes a picture of the ticket and smiles.

"Are you posting that?" He asks.

She nods. "Later on. I want people to know I'm your biggest fan."

He shakes his head at her antics. "I already know that."

"Yes, but it's nice to show you some more support," she rests her chin on his shoulder. "I'm just such a proud wifey."

Bin laughs, just like he does whenever one of them says something that reminds them that they are married.

Soon, the movie starts — and she nearly jumps in her seat when Bin's character shows up, though not because of her excitement.

"What is it?" Bin asks worriedly at once. Of course, his focus is on her and not the movie. "Are you okay?"

Yejin frowns and pats her belly slowly. "Our little honeybee got excited in hearing Appa's voice so loudly, I think," she whispers to him.

There's a proud smile on his face and he settles his free hand on her belly as well — and of course, it stays there nearly the entire length of the film.

It's such a good movie — Yejin feels so proud of what he's accomplished and she knows he's not one to brag about his talent so she should do it for him. She had already liked the first movie, as she watched it before they had even met, and this one seals the deal on being such a good sequel.

Of course, nothing is perfect — she still has to take a restroom break, and Bin insists on accompanying her to the restroom which is right next to the theater. She also asks him to buy more popcorn later on because truly, the popcorn is so good.

But, all in all, they don't miss more than ten minutes of the film. Their honeybee kicks and moves at times but by the time the movie is nearly done Yejin is sure their baby has gone back to sleep. She has to switch positions a few times — thankfully the seat is reclining and Bin helps her adjust it too — as her belly, while still not huge, still makes it uncomfortable depending on the position.

"I think honeybee will like watching the action scenes," she mentions to Bin, who chuckles.

"Taking after her mother, of course," he says, pressing a kiss to her temple.

By the time the film ends, she's on her side, drunk on popcorn and her husband's scent. They take their cue and put on their face masks before the lights are on and Bin helps her stand from her seat. She stretches her arms a little and accepts his hand to guide her out. They mingle — many people are also exiting the theater but no one battles an eye at them. They're just another couple having a date night.

She cradles her belly under her hand and caresses it mindlessly as they walk down the stairs slowly after two other couples.

"Hyun Bin Oppa was so good in this movie," a woman gushes, loud enough that they can hear it. Yejin notices Bin is flustered immediately. "I loved Yoona too."

"The action scenes were cool," the man accompanying her says.

Yejin squeezes his hand happily, and he squeezes hers back.

er on, when they're finally settled in the car and he's driving them out of the venue, he admits that it was a good idea to come.

"It is pretty cool to hear other people's immediate comments after the movie," Bin tells her.

Yejin smiles triumphantly. "I told you you'd like it. We'll do this again for your next movie."

"It's a deal," he agrees. "We'll do that when you make your comeback too. If it's a family movie we'll take honeybee with us. I saw many little girls with their parents at the movies this year."

"I bet you kept thinking of our baby the entire time," she teases him. "She's finally asleep, by the way. I think we'll have the night to ourselves."

"Aren't you tired? It's already past midnight..."

"The popcorn woke me up," she replies. "That and my sexy husband being an action movie star."

There's a blush creeping up his neck and Yejin will never get tired of his reaction when she teases him like this.

"There's a holiday tomorrow," he starts, glancing at her and picking up her hand on his thigh to lace their fingers together. "The night is still young."

"My thoughts exactly, husband," she grins at him.

They reach the highway and he speeds up. "Let's go home, wife."