Rapunzel Slide Down Your Pole

SYAIR

Do you remember that scene in Tangled, where Rapunzel is standing on the edge of a building wearing ten inch heels and a skimpy sequined dress, while her prince is at the bottom telling her to slide down the stripper pole and fall back into his arms and they live happily ever after?

Yea, I wanted that. Between reading cliché romance novels and writing about sexual fantasies in my diary, the closest thing I had to finding my soulmate was hooking up with a sleazy guy named Roger on tinder. If you're nineteen and in a committed relationship, then congrats I hate you. I had tried it all from dating sites to speed dating and the results had all been the same. I was going to live alone with my three cats Ed, Edd and Eddy.

Which was why college was my last hope. Los Angeles University had over forty thousand students, which meant my soulmate was also living his life miserably waiting for me to arrive. Although I dreaded the fact that this would be where I was spending the next four years of my life, I was relieved knowing at least I'd get a love story out of it.

 Although I dreaded the fact that this would be where I was spending the next four years of my life, I was relieved knowing at least I'd get a love story out of it

The infamous pickup line of our generation. I unlocked my phone and quickly typed my reply. I was indeed up, and ready for whatever else that statement meant in this day and age.

Cue dreamy sigh, and heart bubbles in the air floating around my head. Oh Amari, how my heart beats at the sound of your name, we will meet soon my love. Wait for me.

I kissed the screen. Our two month anniversary and the day we would finally meet in person was finally here. This was my prince, brought to me by
Los Angeles University themselves. I guess college was actually good for something. The 'Big Brother Little Sister' program as they put it, was an opportunity for 1st years to be paired up with older students as a way for them to assist us in our college experience. Trust me, Amari would be assisting me quite a lot. We had been talking for a little over two months and it felt like we clicked instantly. I had opened up to him and he in me. If this wasn't destiny then what else could it be?

The suspense definitely added to my attraction. All I knew, he was tall and that he liked talking to me. What more could a girl ask for? Just by the way he spoke to me and left me little good morning messages told me everything that I needed to know. He was the one. We had both agreed not to call each other or send any pictures, to keep the suspense and tension going until the day we finally met.

I grinned at the message in front of me.

I'll see you tomorrow beautiful, I can't wait.

_______

I waved goodbye, to my brother Sage.

"Stay out of trouble, and no boys."

I rolled my eyes at him, there was only one boy for me so that wouldn't be a problem.