Summer-Flashback

DIOR

"So you're telling me out of all these bitches right here you would fuck not one of them?" Amari asked while shaking her head.

Only one of these bitches is worth fucking and unfortunately she's taken.

"That's exactly what I said, I'm good though I'm saving myself for marriage."

"Marriage my ass, you probably fucked the entire first and second year and if the 3rd and 4th years gave you a chance, you'd fuck them too."

"You have more bodies than a hood nigga..."

I stared back at her blankly, "Oh please you'd be moving through these bitches like wildfire if your girl didn't cuff your ass."

"Hold on, you know too well I'm not with that type of shit. I'm serious about her she's bout to be my wife real real soon." She reached in her pocket, revealing a tiny black box with a small diamond ring inside.

Although those worlds hurt me, I did my best to suck it up and slap on a fake smile and be happy for the soon to be married couple.
Personally a year of dating would be too soon for me to propose to anyone, so in my opinion these too were moving way too fast. I tried to hide the shock on my face but I'm sure my jaw dropped far enough to sweep the ground.

"You good bro?"

"Oh yea I'm great just a bit surprised, you never really hinted before that you guys were that serious, and now marriage? That's wild."

"What do you mean, I'm pretty sure having the title of hottest couple on campus is enough validation that we're serious, and besides that you know this girl has the key to my heart."

Delulu but ok.

"Yea whatever you say just make sure you're 100 percent sure about this. You can't reverse marriage it's like being on house arrest for the rest of your life."

She chuckled lightly while looking off into the distance.

Cue magical daydream bubble.

"Just imagine it." She grabbed my hand, "Me walking down the isle my beautiful girl standing at the alter waiting for me, and then you my best man getting ready to wipe my sweat and tears because I'll be nervous as shit!"

"Uhh I think it's the other way around, or are you planning to switch roles and wear a dress?"

"Man forget what I just said, I'm shitting bricks, okay move here she is now!" Before I could even put in my last two cents there Amari was kneeling on the floor like a good and noble servant.

People swiftly hopped out the pool and gathered around to see their poorly put together proposal. Although I didn't like the idea of these two getting married and running off into the sunset never to be seen again, I'm a 'go all out' kind of girl so I'd at least do the most and help her plan this even if it was a last minute decision.

Great here goes the long drawn out proposal speech.

After three minutes of nonstop confessions and tears she finally popped the question.

"Will you take this ring as a symbol of our love and be my wife?"

The bitter voice in my head answered no because I really didn't want these two to become a thing.

Unfortunately, she jumped in excitement, bursting into tears as she said yes while Amari slid the ring on her finger sealing the deal.

A normal friend would be over the moon, pulling out their phone to record the special moment but instead I was pulling out my phone to distract myself from my heart shattering into pieces. At this point in time I was completely over it and decided to go inside and let off some steam.

Scrolling through social media was not much of an escape since every other post was Amari and her fiancé sucking faces. Honestly this is the most fucked up shit I've witnessed and I know a thing or two about fucked up experiences. I can't believe she just did that to me and she knew how I felt about that girl before they even started talking. I tried to tell myself to be the bigger person and stay calm but that was too impossible, I just couldn't do it. Having no other option for a distraction, I left my own summer party.

Do you think Dior was wrong for not telling Amari how she felt or do you think she was being a good friend?

•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•

🌈Vote⭐️, Comment💬, Share📲 & Follow➕👤 if you're new!
Thank you so much for reading! 🌈

Find Us On TikTok: @Sayna_wattpad 🌈
Stay up to date with your new favourite book! Tell a friend to tell a friend!