'FP'

SYAIR

Well, I guess that meant we were ok. I had enough to worry about anyways. Between not losing my scholarship and finding Mr.Soulmate, I had a lot going on. Don't be surprised, I wasn't giving up that easy Mr. Right was out here somewhere. I grabbed a soda out of the cooler and headed outside to the pool deck. My eyes settled on Amari, who sat on the pool steps by herself.

"Can I sit?"

She shrugged in response and gave me a slight nod. I sat on the floor, folding my legs under me.

"Want to talk about it?" There was no denying that she was pissed off about something. Her eyebrows were furrowed and she had a permanent scowl on her face.

She lifted the blunt to her lips and eased herself out the pool to sit beside me on the ledge. The water droplets rolled slowly from her toned stomach to the waistband of her pants, and for some reason it had me in a trance. Amari's body really was a sight to be seen.  The black sports bra that she confidently lounged around in left her abs on display and they looked ready to be licked.

I blamed the archaic thought on the droplets that were running down her body and took a long sip of my drink.

"Are you there?"

"Yea, sorry you seem upset."

"Upset doesn't even begin to express how I feel right now."

I slid my drink towards her in an attempt to calm her down.

She brought it to her soft lips and closed her eyes as she drank it.

"We can talk about it if you want, I'm not trying to intrude." I reassured her.

"You aren't, you're probably the only person I'm calm enough to talk to right now."

Amari loved talking to me, she loved reminding me how much I understood  her and always seemed to take her feelings into consideration. We really had gotten to know each other over the little two months. Thank God, for over sharing and skipping useless small talk, but that was then. Sure, we could still be friends but I would be a fool to ignore the emotional connection we had built together.

I had been delusional and allowed myself to fall in love with the first person who had taken the time to actually get to know me. Right now while she's babbling and expressively telling me about what had gotten her so upset, I realized that these feelings were not going to go away that easily. Whether or not she was a boy or a girl. Which was weird for me because I've never felt this way towards a girl before.

"There's this girl." She said telling me about an interaction she had not so long ago.

My face wore a similar scowl to hers when she completed her backstory.

"So this girl stole your girlfriend, and she was your best friend? Wow."

"Yup. It's whatever though, it hurt me but they've moved on so I should too, right?" She chuckled humorlessly.

"No not right, I'm sorry that happened to you."

She shook her head with a small smile,"I got you though so I'm not missing out."

The simplest statement made me actually reconsider sliding down that stripper pole.

"Enough of this sentimental shit. It's your first college party and I'm ruining it. Let me show you a good time."

She pulled on a shirt and grabbed my hand pulling me inside with her.

DIOR