I (Edited)

London was a gorgeous sight in winter. But London was also brutal in the dead of night when the wind whips through the streets and thugs rule these dark streets.

The naked trees moved with a gentle breeze, as fluffy white snow was shaken of its bare branch's. The frozen lakes reflected every movement of the glistened world above it.  Clouds infested the night sky, not even leaving on little star to be seen. This time of the year left London in perfection.

A young lady with long red hair that extends till her waist, was walking in these streets. She knew that it was risky on how late she was going home. She quickened her steps as she was feeling nervous. Without knowing which way she was walking, her leg slipped and she fell into a pile of snow. She got up as she looked at her leg. She started walking again. She saw a man in the corner of her eye. He was very strange and looked creepy  as he seemed to be coming towards her. She started running to avoid him. He ran after her.

She ran past an alleyway when she was suddenly pulled inside by a man. He held her arm tightly as she screamed out in pain.

"Let me go, you bastard!" She demanded as she started pushing his hand off her arm.

The man that was chasing her came to her and grabbed her throat.

"Stop your whining!" He said in a loud and rough voice.

"Let me go!" She continued to demand until she eventually bit his hand and he let go of her.

"You bitch! How dare you!?" He said as she tried to run, but she was cornered by them.

"I have to get out of here. But these guys are so annoying. I would never be able to get off here without putting up a fight. I might have to call a reaper for them." She thought to herself as they drew closer.

She attempted to fight them both.

"You think you can fight us? You must be crazy to think that!" As they started laughing.

She punched the man who was chasing her in his stomach and then kicked his face.

"Hey! What is your problem?!" He complained when she was ready to attack them again.

Just then, they both fell to floor. She looked at their cold, pale bodies as they just laid there. Their blood made a pool around them as she stepped back.

"I'm sorry, but their time was up." She heard a man say and she knew that the voice was familiar to her.

She looked up to see a tall man with short, neatly-combed dark brown hair and yellow-green eyes. He wears rectangle-shaped glasses, which have four decorative lines on each arm of the frames. He is dressed in a dark suit, tie, black gloves, and dress shoes. She knew actually who he was.

All the memories of them together started rushing through her mind. She remembered every last thing he ever said to her, only realising that it was all a lie back then. She wasn't even sure if he remembered her like how she remembered him. But unfortunately, he did. He too still remembered everything from back then.

"It's good to see you again." He said as she walked over the dead bodies.

"I guess you are happy to see me again." She said as she started walking out of the alleyway.

She felt kind of nervous, but wasn't sure about being happy.

"I haven't seen you in a long time." He said as she turned to look at him.

"That's because I've been living my own life after I was fired. Goodnight." She said as she left him there.

He felt downhearted by what she said. She walked away from him and soon after that she started running. She knew she wasn't far from home. She ran until she came to a small inn. It wasn't anything big, but it was her home.

She walked to the inn and opened the door. She closed the door and walked up the stairs. She walked the hall and went inside a room. She looked around to see what was suppose to be her kitchen. She walked out and into a dinning area. She turned left and opened the door to her bedroom. Her bedroom consisted of a double bed and a study table near the single window. There was also a door at the West side for the room which is used to access the bathroom. She put down her bag on her bed and walked to her bathroom. She opened the door to her bathroom which contained a built in bath and toilet system along with a sink and a cupboard. There was selves by the door which had her towels and all her essential things. She closed the door and took a towel. She put the towel by the sink.

She started the taps. As the water rushed into the bath, she took off her clothes. She jumped into the bath and turned the taps off. She washed herself along with her long, red hair. When she was done, she got out of the bath and took her towel. She dried herself up as well has her hair as she walked to her cupboard. She finished with her hair as she took out her clothes to wear which was a white shirt and blue pants.

She was about to start changing when she heard a knock on the door. She wrapped the towel around her and took her clothes to her room. She threw it on the bed and went to the door.

"Yes? Who is it?" She asked as she opened the door, holding the towel above her breasts.

By the door was a man with raven black hair was walnut brown eyes and was holding a container.

"Oh. Hello Aevira." He said to her as she looked at him.

"Hello Jason." She said in a very unhappy voice.

"What happened, Aevira? You don't seem happy." He said as he walked inside the room.

She went to go and change as he sat in the dinning area. She put her clothes on and walked to Jason. He gave her the container which contained food.

"You seem stressed. What happened today?" He asked her as she sat down.

"Nothing actually happened." She replied as she went to the kitchen and got a spoon.

She went back to the dinning area and started eating what he has made her.

"But you are not acting like yourself." He said as she finished up.

"I'm fine. I'm just tired. When you leave though you can close the door." She said as she washed the container in the kitchen and gave it to him.

"Good night." She said as she went to her bedroom.

She closed the door and walked to her table. She opened the draw and took out a book. She walked to her bed with the book and sat under the blanket. She opened the book to see old pictures of her and William.

Pictures that made her think of the happy times they had together. Flipping through the pages and realising how much more happier her life could of been with him by her side, but everything, even his smiles and laugh was just an illusion as she fell asleep holding the book.

Jason walked into the room as he walked straight to her. He picked up the book and looked at the page she was on. There was a picture where they were standing together, side by side, he had his arm around her shoulder and her hand was on his back and they seemed happy. Another picture caught his eye. It was a picture of the two of them, she was holding his collar and they was kissing. He closed the book out of anger and took off her glasses. He walked to her table and threw the book there and left her glasses on top of it. He walked out in anger from seeing those pictures.

He left her room and walked down the hall.

"She wants to go back to the bastard?! I'll show her who she is going with." He thought as he smirked and walked away...

Word count = 1399 words