Chapter - 2

They sat on the couch until the sun came up, neither saying anything to the other. Serkan thought that Eda might have fallen asleep so he moved to pick her up to place her in bed. He was wrong, she was awake, she was just biding her time until he made a move.

Eda leaned back and looked at him, his eyes were hollow from the tears he had shed, "Are we going to talk? Are you going to choose to be Serkan Bolat or Robot Bolat?"

"I don't know what you mean Eda."

"Sure you do Serkan, you forget that I know you better than anyone, I know you better than you know yourself. I don't know what happened yesterday at your visit but the news wasn't good and you don't want to tell me so you are trying to decide for me again. Do you pretend like nothing is wrong or do you drive me away? Which did you decide for me?" Eda's eyes pierced Serkan's.

He couldn't look away from her but he could walk away from her. Serkan set Eda back on the couch and got up to go to the bathroom and wash his face. Eda followed him.

"I see, you've decided for me. I guess that you think it's time for me to leave is it? You're done with me? This is what is best for you? What is best for me? Eda moves on with her life and work is your life again?" Eda tapped her forefinger on her lips.

"Yes Serkan Bolat, I think that I have heard this from you before. It doesn't matter what I think, what I feel, what I want. None of that matters. You are no longer my heart and soul, right?" Eda couldn't keep the tears at bay, she wanted Serkan to burn in hell a bit.

"Eda, calm down. I just think that we need a bit of space, you need to get back to school, you need to finish. You have wasted so much time taking care of me."

"That's right Serkan, spending time taking care of the man that I love more than life is a waste of my time. Fighting for his life is a waste of my time. You're right." Eda walked out of the bathroom.

Two can play this game Serkan Bolat, two can play this game. Eda slammed the door as she left the annex. Oh, she wasn't going far, she had already talked to Aydan anne earlier in the evening, she had a feeling that Idiot Bolat would be returning home instead of her beloved Serkan. Aydan anne invited her to live with her in the main house for as long as she liked and resume school. Why not live right under Serkan's nose and show him what he was missing?

Serkan was stunned. Did Eda just leave? Was she coming back? He sat on the couch to wait, he wasn't sure what for, she was coming back right? She left everything here. He heard a tapping on the glass.

"Seyfi? Anne? What do you want?"

"Eda asked if we could pack her things. She said that you asked her to leave." Serkan swore he heard Seyfi mutter 'jackass' under his breath.

Neither anne or Seyfi would look at him. They went about filling suitcases and boxes as if he didn't exist. With every piece of Eda that they took Serkan began to get a bit more nauseous. When Seyfi asked if he should take the photographs of them anne told Seyfi to just dump them in a separate box if Eda wanted to throw them away later she could. Throw them away? Serkan started to grab photos of him and Eda and hide them from anne and Seyfi, the two of them saw him doing this and rolled their eyes. Eda was right, he was an idiot.

"Where are you taking her things? Where did she go?"

Anne looked him in the eyes and said, "Didn't you just ask her to leave Serkan? Why do you care. She did what you wanted. She always did what you wanted. She gave you all her love, her heart and soul. She nursed you through your illness and you just think she should leave? So I ask you, why do you care?"

"I'll never stop loving her anne. Never. I just, I well, I just never got to say goodbye and now she's gone and I don't know." Serkan was stammering and stumbling over his words, he knew he wasn't making sense.

"Well maybe you should figure it out son." With that parting shot Aydan left.

Aydan dragged a suitcase and Seyfi wheeled the boxes full of Eda's things to the main house. Had Serkan paid attention to what they were doing he would have seen them being taken straight into the house where Eda was waiting. No, Serkan was sitting on the couch in a stupor. He had done what he decided to do in the middle of the night and now he had to live with that decision.