Chapter - 5

A slightly longer chapter because we always know that confrontation takes time and words!

***********************************************************************

Serkan was reviewing the designs for the Hayat Complex, it was late, but he still wasn't sleeping. He had been kidding himself, he wasn't sleeping because when he did he had nightmares. He wasn't eating because food had no taste anymore he really had just stopped living. Last week had begun to have some severe headaches again and the past several days had nosebleeds.

 Serkan was pretty sure that the cancer was back. There was another decision to make, if the cancer was back did he bother with treatment, he didn't even know if there would be a treatment this time. If the cancer was back he just didn't think that he had the will to fight it again.

He couldn't do anything about it right now. He had made an appointment with Dr. Benoy and would see him tomorrow. Serkan got up and wandered to the patio, all the lights were out. He sat on the couch and laid his head back, he naturally turned in the direction of Sirius so that he could see his Eda Yildiz winking next to it. He fell asleep looking at his star.

Eda and Aydan made their way back to her four month visit with Dr. Hayta, Eda had thought for sure that Serkan would have come to his senses by now, but he hadn't, he was as stubborn as ever.

"Is your husband with you today?"

"He was unable to make it today, I would like to record the ultrasound again if I could, I know that he wants to see and hear it." Eda knew in her heart of hearts that he would. Her baby bump had begun to show over the past month, she wanted so badly to share this with Serkan, to let him share in the joy but he had chosen to close himself off. If anything he had become more withdrawn then before. Her only glimpses of him were when he took Sirius on walks.

Dr. Hayta spread the gel again and moved the wand around showing the baby, it had changed so much in a month, "Would you like to know what you are having?"

Eda wanted to know, but she wanted to have Serkan with her when they found out.

"Could we save that for my next appointment? I know that Serkan would want to be here to see it, I don't want to find out without him here." Aydan squeezed Eda's hand, she knew how hard this was becoming for Eda.

"We certainly can, the baby is measuring according to age and you are looking well Eda hanim. Please continue on your healthy eating regimen and exercise. I will see you in a month."

While Eda and Aydan were at the doctor's office Seyfi was cleaning up the annex area. Serkan bey had taken Sirius for another walk, something he was doing more frequently. Seyfi was in the office when he noticed the appointment with Dr. Benoy on Serkan's calendar for the following day, he would have to mention that to Eda hanim. He thought that Serkan bey was every six months. Seyfi looked up to see him returning, he looked hard at the man noticing how gaunt he was looking.

"Serkan bey, is there anything that you need while I am here? Is there anything special that you would like for dinner this evening?"

"Thank you Seyfi, no, I'm not particularly hungry." Serkan turned and went into his apartment.

All Seyfi kept thinking was that Serkan bey needed Eda hanim and he needed her now.

"Serkan bey, I noticed that you have an appointment tomorrow, would you like for me to accompany you?"

"Thank you Seyfi, I'll be fine."

This man was the furthest thing from fine that Seyfi had seen. It was time for drastic measures.

Aydan and Eda had returned from her doctor's appointment with the ultrasound video to see a very worried Seyfi.

"Seyfi, what's wrong?"