12

this is a long one, you're welcome.

eddie stepped out of steve's car after jamming out to queen with steve. it was to steve's surprise that eddie knew most of the songs. he was used to seeing eddie's heavy metal side, not so much of his regular rock side. it was quite interesting.

they were parked behind the school, robin pulling up beside them. steve was finishing a cigarette before going into the school. eddie walked over to steve's side with a smirk. steve watched the other male as he wrapped his arms around steve's waist.

"you're being clingy, munson. remember where we are." steve whispered out, his freehand that wasn't holding the cigarette was on eddie's right arm.

"afraid to be seen with the freak, king steve?" eddie grinned and took the cigarette away from steve. steve watched eddie take a hit, laughing a bit as steve just scoffed and rolled his eyes.

eddie's reputation for the murders was cleared up— yes, but he is still a nerd who plays dnd and used to lived in a trashy trailer park until steve took him in. eddie was still different, flamboyant as some would say— so it wasn't just rainbows and butterflies now. eddie was still the town freak.

and of course, you still had the skeptics who weren't set on the idea of eddie being innocent, but you would have those even if steve was the one in eddie's position.

"yeah, right. because that's why brought you as my date." steve crossed his arms, eyeing the fluffy haired boy. "besides, you almost died for this town eddie. i think you actually did for a minute there. i shouldn't listen to the close-minded bigots in this town when i'm dating the person who saved them, even if it was temporary."

eddie's sly grinned was wiped off his face when he heard steve's words. he could cry at the tone in which steve spoke. it was loving, softer than his normal lecturing tone. "we're dating?"

steve's eyes widened, his face blushing when he realized what he blurted out. "well, heh-"

"are you two lovebirds coming or not?" robin groaned, crossing her arms.

eddie stomped out the cigarette, knuckles brushing against steve's when they began to walk into the the side gym doors. steve's pointer finger tugged at eddie's. "we'll talk about it at home, okay?"

eddie just nodded at steve's statement. he was excited nonetheless. steve actually wanted to talk about how he felt instead of brushing it off or pushing eddie away.

the kids ran towards the three once they saw eddie. they all wrapped around him, hugging him tightly. eddie hugged all of them back. "hey guys," he laughed out.

as he hugged dustin, dustin wrapped his arms around eddie's neck, almost strangling him. "careful dork! don't kill me." eddie laughed, patting the younger boys arms.

"you finally came!" dustin cheered, letting go of eddie.

"i know, i know. i was just..." eddie looked at steve and then over at mike and robin who just had a small smiles on their faces as he looked back at eddie.

steve finished eddie's sentence as he smiled back at mike and robin. "letting his scars heal. taking a break."

eddie was voted to go to concessions to grab some popcorn, a hot dog for dustin (who swears that they're the best hot dogs to ever be made), four sodas, two lemonades, and three waters. he was in line for the concessions, getting small waves from some of his hellfire club members. this wasn't odd at all, but he was also getting waves from some of his old class mates that he had never spoken to. eddie would reluctantly wave but give them a small smile nonetheless less. he could tell that some of them were just doing it to taunt him.