17

eddie woke up that morning with steve's head on his chest. to say the least, he really did get steve back for all of the teasing and what not that the younger male tortured eddie with the day before.

last night felt unreal to eddie— he topped the steve 'king of hawkins' harrington. and eddie knew it was a success because steve was like putty under him. they both came at a minimum of three times, so maybe that explained why they had slept in until two in the afternoon. this time, they did take a shower right after because there was no way to get comfortable with all of the stickiness and moisture around them.

"good morning, sweetheart ," steve mumble, causing eddie to look over at the male. steve hand cupped eddie's cheek, pecking his lips softly a couple times.

eddie was certain that this was the best way to be woken up in the morning or the best person to wake up to.

" g'morning, love." eddie said against steve's lips as he kissed back. he pulled away and just stared into steve's eyes. they were both just smiling at each other, glad that they were both there in that moment and in each other's arms. neither of them wanted to be anywhere else.

steve gently took his middle finger and traced over the features of eddie's face, starting with his eyebrows. eddie was slight confused but he let it happen anyway. he traced over the marks on eddie's forehead, then down the side of his face. he traces over eddie's cheekbone.

"what are you-"

"sh," steve shushed him and continued. he crossed over to eddie's nose, tracing down the tip. his finger glided over eddie's other cheekbone, tracing over the scars on his face.

steve finally trace over his lips, looking at eddie's gorgeous red lips. they were plump, a bit chapped, but it was cold outside.

as steve bushed over eddie's face, eddie began to study the details on steve's face. his little birthmarks, the small amount of green in steve's eyes, the way steve's eyes became upturned as he smiled. eddie thought steve was the most beautiful specimen to walk the earth.

"you're so perfect." steve whispered. eddie blushes deeply, a grin reappearing on his face.

"you really think that?"

"i know that." steve assures, earning another soft kiss from eddie. it was short but loving.

the two got out of bed, eddie helping steve since it was difficult for steve to find his balance. the two were in each other's clothes. steve was in his own black joggers and one of eddie's led zeppelin shirts. eddie was in some of steve's checkered pajama pants and steve's yellow sweater.

they made their way downstairs, and steve fixed both of them coffee as eddie sat at the kitchen table. the sun was shining in through the windows, and eddie read a book as he waited for the coffee. perhaps this was their new routine. both of them could get used to it.

eddie took a sip of the coffee, placing his book down to see what steve was doing.

it looked like he was going through bills.

"so..." eddie spoke softly, steve looking up from the papers, "how exactly does that work? how can your parents make you own the house?"

steve looked at eddie with a scoffing laugh, shaking his head. "why are you so obsessed with my parents all of a sudden?"

steve's tone was gentler than the actually question, causing eddie to sigh. "well, you've never really discussed them. and when you did— at least from what i heard in my coma, none of it was very good. i asked you about them yesterday and you kind of dismissed it."